1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by wesley27, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I'm currently having two players get this disconnect message. Everyone else is able to connect just fine. The first person started getting it yesterday, and the second today. It isn't that they are on the server then get disconnected for it, they cannot even connect. Every time they try to connect they get this error. And this is exactly how it shows in my bungeecord console:
    Code (Text):
    23:39:12 [WARNING] [IP removed] <-> InitialHandler - IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    I know that this can be caused by some idle time issue? Or are there any other possible fixes or solutions I can do? All my other players can connect fine, and I'd love to get these two guys back online.

Thanks!

2. Sounds like their client is ending the connection early. Make sure they have the right client version and it's clean (no mods at all). Also do you see any other messages about the
    connection?

3. @add5tar No, there aren't any other messages. And they have an unmodded client and the right version. I've tried just about every known fix with them, client and server side and I can't think of anything else. It's been over 24 hours that 1 person hasn't been able to get on, and around 8 for the other.

4. Bump, anyone else have input on this?

5. It sounds like it could possibly be a network issue. Do they have the problem with other servers?

Also, can they see your server ping correctly (in server list)? Are they both from the same provider or IP range?

6. @add5tar He can connect fine to other servers. He says it is pinging infinitely, it doesn't stop. And no, they are not from the same IP range or provider.

7. Ahh I thought so. The pinging indefinitely is a network issue. I've been having this issue myself recently and (for me at least) it seems to be related to packet fragmentation. This can be caused by many things so it's a tough one to fix.

8. @add5tar Any suggestions to give my player?

9. Apparently since Mojang doesn't seem to consider this really annoying bug a big enough issue to fix. And considering so many people have this issues and have had this issue since a 1.7 patch, I propose we the players have a "black-out" week where we don't play Minecraft. We should send a large message that says this is an annoying enough bug to make us want to stop playing Minecraft altogether and play a different game! Thoughts?

10. 1) It's probably a shitty hosting provider causing this
    2) You not playing that game will not making any difference
    3) It's probably not even a bug to fix

11. I also have this problem with my own mc. Kicks me with a time out and bungeecord gives the same error. I also have Verizon so its not my shitty ISP. However it does not time me out immediately, it is at random and happen least often when i dont move.

12. add5tar is right it was packet fragmentation (for me). i Went into my routers firewall settings and disabled the blocking of ip fragments. Ty add5tar for the tip ^-^

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.