Analyzing heapdump for a possible memory leak.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by sandor_1234, Aug 16, 2018.

1. I'm not sure where to post this but this seems like the best place, I've recently started a server which will start using more memory overtime and eventually lagging. I took a heapdump when the server was lagging because of not enough ram being available, I allocated 10 gb's of ram with max 13 players online so should be more than enough.

The heapdump itself is ~10gb's of size (2-3 gb's when compressed) but I would rather not post it here publicly due to it probably containing sensitive information. I would prefer pming it to people on here who want to have a look so please send me a PM if you want to have a look and know what you're doing.

My pc has 8 gb's of ram and the heapdump being 10 gb's is not a good combination, I managed to get it imported into YourKit profiler which got me a step further and showed me this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've never worked with YourKit Profiler before and I didn't find a way to list all these objects and count the ones containing "jobsMobSpawner" to conclude if that's the object filling up the memory.