Animated Server Icon

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by SpaicyGaming, Jun 6, 2017.

1. It is possible to have an animated server icon (.gif) on bungeecord server?

2. as NIKNAIZ said. No.
    It's however possible to animate the text.

3. [​IMG]

It's possible. Not as easy as uploading a gif, no, but it is definitely possible just like animated text. Mineplex used it for a while during some christmas events. It is definitely possible. Just not with a gif. You'll have to look for a plugin that does it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. CD.

CD. Previously Cediee

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yes, mojang disabled animated server-icon in 1.8.4. I wanted to know if there is some other way.

6. I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess if they disabled it, there's no way to still create it. Not sure if this can be achieved with plugins and such...

7. It literally says in the URL and on the page, the new version is only for 1.9+.
    Animated MOTDs were removed I 1.8.4 (as said above) but because that, you used to be able to send multiple motds to the player. I doubt it is possible any more since a lot of the reviews on the "Newer version" are 1 - 3 star reviews which is probably the reason the author abandoned it.

8. The ONLY way to do it is to make a sequence of images (representing each frame) and updating the favicon on every server menu refresh. Each refreshing time will display the next image in queue. Spamming the refresh button would make an illusion of an animated picture.

Not sure about icons, but animated MOTD was possible in earlier versions of Minecraft.

9. Wouldn't it be possible to "reject" a ping untill all images have been shown? I'm fairly sure that's how it used to work anyhow. Is it really impossible to recreate something like this today?

10. What do you mean by reject? If a pinging attempt is rejected, no update can be fetched, thus no data can be displayed. It may be possible with client-side mods, but I am not sure how that would work so I won't get into it. As of 1.8.4 such thing can't be done without requiring servers and/or clients make any code changes on their end.

• Informative Informative x 2