Solved Anti Piracy

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by JordanDev, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I'm going to be adding a plugin to Spigot soon although, I will be adding 2 versions, Premium and free, Premium sales will go through me in a different matter, I want to either use some type of html document or MySQL for my Anti Piracy, I want to be able to disable a copy if reported as leaked so the user who owned the license can reset if it was fake (Also I will be obfuscating it)

If you would like to help me develop something like this you can add me on skype @ wolf.devs or post something in the comments that will help me :D

Thanks
    Jordan.

#1 JordanDev, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

2 words of wisdom because piracy can't really be stopped with the rules we must abide to.

open. source.

3. Most of my plugins already are lol

4. Contacted at Skype.

5. Celebrimbor

Patron

Your resource will get blacklisted by resource staff if you block IPs (even those of admitted/verified leakers or pirates). If your anti-piracy involves anything outside a simple obfuscation, just be prepared to get followed around by Spigot staff.

Leakers know that Spigot will hunt down "abusers" when it comes to the protecting of one's intellectual property(they spend loads of time doing this), so they(leakers) regularly report it when their copy or IP is blocked by the author.

Spigot's motto is, "it will eventually get leaked, so don't even bother trying to stop it". Their reasoning, "It may hinder legitimate owners accidentally". I've heard both sides argue and I can honestly say I don't know where to fall...they are both good arguments.

Summary: Open source or sell your plugin on another platform.

6. Huge thanks to Vouchs

Thread solved.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.