Anti piracy

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Bernard2521, Aug 4, 2018.

1. How? I saw that someone uses a blacklist system for blocking blacklisted users, but that is only a blacklist system, not anti-piracy. You need to add blocked users manually to ur blacklist. You dont know who leaked ur plugin. You dont know who is using a leaked version of your plugin. Then how come anti piracy?

Can I ask spigotmc whether the user has bought my plugin with a user id and a resource id?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Don't bother, any anti-piracy measures you add can be removed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ik it can be removed. i just want to know how to ask spigotmc whether the user has bought my plugin with a user id and resource id. Making anti piracy isnt something hard as i believe, so i wont regret adding anti piracy when it gets removed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Something simple isn't hard to do, something simple can be automatically removed via program however, so it would only last a few minutes most likely

5. Can u just teach me plz, if u know.

6. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

I personally don't know, however someone else might, though again it's just a waste of time..

7. joehot200

Supporter

Just have a server and get your plugin to send you data about how many servers are using the same user ID, that's how I used to do it at least...

8. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

probably wouldn't be that hard to remove anything related to that..there's ways around that

9. A new anti-piracy thread. :rolleyes:

not like there have been thousands of those and all of them ended in a 10 pages discussion and resulted in nothing

• Like Like x 5
  10. lol I just had the worst idea. why not use the built in statistics gathering built in spigot server I am talking about BSTATS. Well It is just an idea so dont go badgering about how it can be cracked in minutes or anti piracy is useless I KNOW :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. joehot200

Supporter

You seem to be missing the point that there's ways around *everything*. Usually it's good obfuscation that can help, some plugin authors use multiple obfuscators and also some clever tricks but it's all crackable, otherwise expensive premium plugins in development for years wouldn't be cracked.

12. I found that spigotmc.org/api/resources.php can be helpful for anti piracy, but i dont exactly know how to use it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. You don't need to know how to use it because it takes only a few seconds to change bytecode and remove the anti-piracy code.
    The only effective anti-piracy is if you have something cloud-based, let's say you have a web server deciding if a player is hacking by having the server send the data needed, the cracker could not do much about that, but because most plugins are not cloud-based they should not put effort into it.

Its a side effect of selling plugins, its just like everything else having its bad sides, accept it.

14. plugin can't be pirated if it's never made

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. I am not asking how to increase anti piracy. I am actually asking how to check if user has bought my plugin at spigotmc.
    I dont need to know how to code, yet i learnt, cuz i am interested. same for this. please teach me if you know how to check if user has bought my plugin at spigotmc.

16. joehot200

Supporter

You cannot check if a user has brought your plugin. Obviously you could get the user (String str = %%__USER__%%) ID and manually check if the user is in your plugin list.

#17 joehot200, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  17. Ok i finally understand, thanks. But where should i host the text file?

18. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

I mean, you could use something like pastebin or whatever...

19. Isnt pastebin immutable?