1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Anti xray block lag

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Bestle, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Bestle

Patron

I am currently using engine mode 2 with Spigot build #1086 and my players have noticed a lot of block lag when mining, particularly with high efficiency tools.

The video below shows that there is no lag when breaking dirt/grass blocks (which are not protected by antixray) and a lot of issues when breaking stone blocks (with engine mode 2).

The stone appears to consistently reappear when broken and sometimes shows the fake ores.

My server runs at 19.9-20tps constantly and my internet connection is ample:

[​IMG]

2. Bestle

Patron

I noticed some past commits which look like attempts to fix this issue, but as the video shows it is still a problem :(

3. Dmck2b

Services Staff

What's your server's networking like? That seems like the first thing that comes to mind for me.

If it really is that big of an issue, why not use engine mode 1 with the extra stripped away? Ores exposed to air can be seen with a simple xray texture pack anyway...

4. Bestle

Patron

The servers network is fine. It is clearly a problem with the antixray as dirt breaks just fine without reappearing.

I use engine mode 2 to help hide bases and such, engine mode 1 just doesn't cut it.

5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I can't replicate it on a local server, all files including the world freshly generated, with the exception of turning engine mode to 2 in order to replicate your issue.

6. Bestle

Patron

Can you replicate it on a remote server?

7. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I don't currently host a server and my only box at the moment probably doesn't have the power to do so. I have block lag 24/7 anyway.

[​IMG]
    ^ My internet on a good day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bestle

Patron

No problem. Hopefully md_5 can shed some light on the issue.

9. I have had this happening for quite some time now with engine mode 2, I just assumed that's how it works and the trade off for better obfuscation was that block lag + fake ores. I did have to turn it off at one point because it was so bad that people thought we were trolling them it has gotten a litter better..

10. Bestle

Patron

I think it is still updating the mined block (confirmed with my own crude testing) when it shouldn't be, which is causing this block lag.

11. Puremin0rez

Same issue here.

12. AlexM850

Patron

Confirmed, i tend to get this issue sometimes as well.

13. Puremin0rez

I can't reproduce it locally but if I host a remote server I can.

Creative Mode + Spam left click on stone to see the issue pretty fast.

Happens on both Engine Mode 1 & 2.

Turning Anti Xray off fixes the problem (of course).

Removing "1" (stone) from the Anti Xray blocks list will also stop the problem, but you kind of defeat the purpose of Anti Xray in that case...

14. Dmck2b

Services Staff

You don't need 1 for Engine 1.

15. Bestle

Patron

But you do for engine mode 2 :)

16. Bestle

Patron

Any word on this md_5 ?

I'm in a bit of a catch 22, players complaining of 'block lag' is driving me insane, but at the same time I simply cannot turn off the anti xray.

17. md_5

Administrator Developer

Xray isn't something I like toying with lightly, a quick solution when using mode 1 is to remove stone from the block ID list. No workaround for mode 2 atm, we basically need to split out the two modes to not share the same block list.

18. md_5

Administrator Developer

Pushed something to the xray branch, try it.

19. Bestle

Patron

Your fix just looks like it only obfuscates stone (and no ores) when in engine mode 2?

That won't won't fix the lag caused by de obfuscation when breaking stone right?

20. md_5

Administrator Developer

It should fix the lag. All engine mode 2 really needs to do is turn stone into a random ore, and xray is rendered useless.....

EDIT: Actually hng I need to think about this. The 'lag' is caused by updating the block. But if we don't update it then how can the client every know whats really there. How does orebfuscator supposedly fix this? Keeping a list of all blocks?