Anti Xray - How do you protect?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by gucciBURR, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Hey,

i'm interested in your way of dealing with XRay. Can you recommend Orebfuscator as it's kinda resource expensive or do you know other plugins which can protect?

Greetings gucciBURR

2. joehot200

Supporter

Use spigots built-in obfusicator on engine mode 2, thats usually best ;)

3. Can you explain the differences between each engine mode for me? :3

4. joehot200

Supporter

Engine mode 1 is more LightWeight, but because 50% of ores are in caves people can mine them anyway...
    Obviously it stops them getting diamonds as diams are surrounded by stone. But iron and coal are visible.

anti-xray:
    enabled
    Default: true
    Type: Boolean
    Description: Self explanatory. Controls whether or not anti x-ray should be enabled.
    engine-mode
    Default: 1
    Type: Integer
    Description: Controls the engine mode that anti x-ray uses.
    Engine mode 1 will hide all ores in the world with stone. Ores exposed to air pockets will still be visible.
    Engine mode 2 will hide everything by creating random ores all over the world, so that x-rayers will not be able to identify actual ores. Client and/or server latency due to overloading or network issues can cause undesired effects on the client side such as appearance of "fake ores".
    blocks
    Default: [1, 5, 14, 15, 16, 21, 48, 49, 54, 56, 73, 74, 82, 129, 130]
    Type: List
    Description: List of blocks that should be obfuscated by the an

5. Didn't wiki... :3 Thanks guys! :)

6. I actually use Orebfuscator even though spigot has one built in.

Far more comprehensive.

7. joehot200

Supporter

Whys that?

8. Spigot lacks proximity stuff which was hugely abused when we used Spigot anti-xray.
    Also lacks initial radius so when you break a block the blocks around it turn to other ores for a second.

Few other reasons too.