AntiCheat

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by DevBukkit, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Hello,

I'm looking to learn to make an anticheat but I don't really know how to do it, and I was wondering if someone could co-create it with me, I know how to do certain parts of coding but then some checks I struggle with. I will be having the whole anti-cheat open source.Please don't critisise that this would be my first anticheat and it'll be rubbish because you never know what a new person can do.

Thanks,

Kyle.

2. I really wouldn't recommend making an anti-cheat plugin if you're just starting. It will be very complex and a lot of the project will be way over your head. I'd recommend starting with something similar until you have a very strong understanding in BOTH Java and the Bukkit API.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mas

Mas

Don't.

This may sound harsh, but the fact is creating an anticheat will be a difficult and painful process. If you don't really have any idea how to do it, you aren't going to make anything better than already exists (and probably far from it). Unless you have a solution which will revolutionise anticheat systems, you may as well not make one. Especially since you said yourself it will be rubbish and that you are new, this definitely isn't the task to try.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. I just want to learn... give me a chance please :(

5. No one tells you aren´t allowed to do it. If you really want to it, feel free to try it. But no one here recommends to do it, as its not easy.
    I personally started with a Plugin that works similair to clash of clans. There i learned everything in the API form scoreboards to creating regions, modify entites and... it was just a good start.

6. I'm going to do the try and fail tack-tic. I will learn from that! :)