Spigot AntiVoid 1.1.1

Prevents you from falling into the void

1. diamante_0018 submitted a new resource:

AntiVoid - Prevents you from falling into the void

Read more about this resource...

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Java 11 works fine with SpigotMC. I've been running it since it was released. Java 12 (deprecated) and 13 have some pretty serious issues wrt some standard plugins. You might want to reconsider: recompile with Java 11.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I have recompiled the plugin using Java 11, I tested it and it works as expected.
    By the way, I have never encountered any issues with Java 13. That's because I only run plugins that are compiled on that same JDK version.
    I have never tried to run one of my plugins compiled on Java 8 (some of my earlier plugins are on that version) on my Java 13 server, but I don't think they will work... Maybe Java 11 as better backwards compatibility if that's a thing in Java?
    I hope everybody stops using Java 8, Oracle is going to make some much money next year by charging people for extended support, but I digress.

4. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

The vast majority of the 102000+ Spigot servers tracked by bStats are running Java 8. And while "Java 1.8 isn't going to be supported after 2020", it is doubtful that those servers are going to upgrade anytime soon. Here are the relevant data from bStats
    Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 3.03.34 PM.png

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

You are assuming that people who are running SpigotMC on Java 8 -- who have been without much support for years now -- are going to pay to get support. The majority will just continue to run with it. After all, security issues notwithstanding -- and that's a BIG issue -- Java 8 runs MC just fine.

6. Wow, maybe I should reconsider my compiler choices if so many people are on Java 1.8.
    Thanks for the info.