1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Anvils Do Not Work.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by lecraeman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. I have had this problem for as long as I can remember. I thought it might be a plugin, but something odd happened at 1.6.2! I got an unofficial version of bukkit. A one a personal friend had made, and the anvils worked, but as soon as I got the official version of Spigot they broke again :(

I don't receive any errors, but this is what happens. Whenever someone tries to rename a sword or repair one...the new item will show up in the right(Complete)slot. When you click it...it will disappear and take your XP, but you won't get the item. The old item will still be there, but it won't be renamed or repaired. The XP will be gone until you re-log...then it will come back.

Now, I am not getting any errors, and this has done this for a LONG time. I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I am also providing a Plugin list, I know it is a lot, but I actually use them:

So, That is about all the information I can provide. Please help me out if possible!

#1 lecraeman, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Dmck2b

Services Staff

3. Dmck2b

Services Staff

You created this yesterday. It is not a priority. It is only an issue when the player doesn't have enough levels. If you want a fix, go try code a PR, otherwise wait and have some patience.

4. Anvils are a part of Vanilla minecraft. It SHOULD be a priority.

Anyways, When you experience this bug...does it work in creative if you enchant?

5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

The bug only occurs here if the players doesn't have enough levels, it's usually a 1-3 difference.

And I've never experienced this in creative.

6. I haven't tried in awhile(and can't right now because my server is moving to a DDOS protected host), but last time I tried it did the same thing while I was in creative.

7. Is this issue also showing up with the vanilla server or only with Spigot/Bukkit?

8. I haven't tested it...

As I said though...I used an unofficial bukkit and it worked fine, and then I updated and it broke :(

9. What exactly was different in that "unofficial bukkit" build (source)? Could your friend provide any information's for us?

10. This would be a vanilla bug... Odd, I thought mojang fixed this in 1.6.

It happens to people who use a different language on client than the server.

I have a patch on my server to fix this - however it only fixes the reporting of the XP cost - it doesnt fix the overall bug which is the server thinks your trying to rename the item (which for me isnt an issue as I've changed the cost of using anvils for renaming)

11. Patch? You mean a .jar that patches it?

12. It was more of a friend of a friend, and I don't have contact with him :( god I regret that now.

13. https://github.com/aikar/EMC-CraftBukkit/commit/3b2f05bfddb70846b509e1386736c983cd1f2816

Specifically
    Code (Text):

+    // EMC Start - send modified max level on change
    +    @Override
    +    public void b() {
    +        super.b();
    +        for (ICrafting listener : (List<ICrafting>) this.listeners) {
    +            listener.setContainerData(this, 0, this.a);
    +        }
    +    }
    +    // EMC end
    +

But as I said, the bug still happens that the user is charged more than they should as it renames the item, but least this shows the correct price on the client.

14. Not to sound like a noob...WTF do I do with all that?

I am not experienced in this xD

15. Sorry about the late post, But most causes are because people have the plugin EnchantmentAPI If you have that I would delete that.

#18 NortherDogAJ, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  16. This is also an issue on Mineplex.

17. I'm saying that some of the causes are from the plugin "EnchantmentAPI" I just had the bug myself. I removed the plugin, And it worked.