Any good dedicated servers on the West Coast/Central US?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Johnzeh, Jun 11, 2015.

1. What we need:
    • West Coast or Central US, nothing further east than Chicago
    • DDoS protection, we'd just get a shared host for the time being if we didn't need this and a lot of it.
    • A good price, we're just opening up (we have youtubers, that's why we're jumping right into 150-200 slots) but we don't have the money yet so this host is coming straight out of pocket. I'd say $130-140/month max if possible.
    • Good hardware. Our plugins are optimized, but you can only do so much. The server needs to actually be able to withstand what we're running.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Reliablesite.net

• Like Like x 1
  3. RS rocks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. x_L

x_L

ReliableSite is in New York & Miami. He wants west/central US host.

I suggest you to go with Psychz as their in LA, and Dallas. You can choose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RS and Intreppid are personally my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'd say ReliableSite too, good hardware, very customizable, good support, good reputation ! OVH can also provide you very nice servers hosted in a North American datacenter, I rent multiple servers with OVH since years (but in east coast) and I can say that it's a pretty nice hoster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't know why people are recommending RS and OVH when both are located on the East Coast. The OP asked for a recommendation for West/Central.

8. Try looking into Dedispec.com.
    They have some good prices and are hosted in Minnesota.

9. Pheonix nap (Secured Servers) or ReliableSite

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omnivion

Patron

I use Limestone Networks.

11. Limestone is also useful. From what I have heard, though, RS is more reliable and overall better to use.

12. Psychz-Jimmy

Supporter

Thanks for the recommendation!

13. I currently use Psychz.
    I'd recommend them. They are cheap, with high quality hardware.

14. x_L

x_L

Either use Psychz or SecuredServers Phoenix location

15. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

Thank you ALL very much for the great feedback. It's always very pleasant to hear good things.

Unfortunately we're not on the west coast (yet).

16. Hello,

I suggest using SoftLayer. They are a well known company that offers servers in seattle, WA and California. I haven't checked their pricing recently, so it may be to expensive. I have used them a while back, and I can totally say their network is freaking awesome.

Regards,
    Melon

17. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

Softlayer has always been one of the most expensive in the market, but they are truly high end.