1.8.8 Any way to simulate elytras in 1.8

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by WhiteShiro, Sep 24, 2020.

1. My plugin is 1.8 base and I wish to have elytras for pvp purposes, so if simulating is not possible, should I use viaversion in a 1.9+ server and install a plugin to simulate 1.8 pvp?

2. Gliding is not even possible in 1.8 so you'd basically be having someone look like they're flying. I assume this is the same case for users on 1.8 on a 1.9+ server that are using elytras as well. I know that for 1.8 elytras show up as leather chestplates when using viaversion. It might just look weird in general on 1.8.

3. So is there a way like with the combination of set velocity and slow falling to work together and make a similar effect to elytra-ing

4. well again they wouldn't look like they do when they're gliding in 1.9 because the physical state of gliding wasn't added yet so they would legit just be falling in the air basically. If you're okay with it looking weird then yeah i guess you could try and replicate it.

5. Slow Falling is a status effect that was added to Minecraft in update 1.13

What you're trying to achieve would be pretty difficult. I would probably look into using vehicles to avoid client when the server constantly updates its position. (Maybe place the player on a minecart or horse? If you can disable gravity on them then that'd work).