Any way to stop creative enchanting exploit?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by eNkrypt, Sep 17, 2013.

1. It looks like the creator of the all-u-want plugin also released a plugin that you can add to remove the ability for people to use this exploit.

However, this doesn't stop someone from modding the client to ignore the prevention plugin.

I don't know why everyone thinks that this isn't a critical issue. I own a creative server and this has gotten rather out of hand!

Surely there has to be a way to prevent this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. prplz

Supporter

You should get someone to code a plugin so that whenever an items is used in any way it is checked for exploited enchants and remove them, but I'm sure someone has made this before.

3. Wazez

Patron

wouldn't blocking the use of enchantment tables, books and anvils prevent the issue?

4. prplz

Supporter

No, this is completely something else. The minecraft protocol allows creative players to basically edit items as they please to spawn anything for example enchants in the tens of thousands

5. I don't understand, do you want to stop enchantments for creative people?

6. prplz

Supporter

Creative game-mode gives modded clients the ability to spawn items with ANY level enchant they wish, for example sharpness 1000.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And that is precisely what I am trying to prevent.

8. I cannot help you fixing that exploit, but meanwhile you can try this plugin, it will automatically take all too low/high enchants and even given items like bedrock etc.

9. It's a very complicated request, and especially wouldn't easily be fixable by a plugin. It would need to be a CB patch.

It would be a massive job to do what I suggested here: http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/a-way-to-prevent-this.5316/#post-52148

You'd have to recode the creative packet handling to act more like survival and have less freedom, and I don't even know if thats possible.

10. XZo

XZo

Its a huge problem, people keep making super nutty speed potions.

If a handful of people at once used these glitched speed potions in a normal biome world, generating fresh chunks with LogBlock logging watter changers, sand, gravel falling etc it can put a huge strain on a server. (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz)

Thankfully they tend to stick to my flat worlds where the chunk generation is much less intensive than a regular biome world.

11. What I did was basically create a HashMap that contains the item the player picks up from their inventory and when the item is placed again it will see if the item is the same item and if it isn't it will check for item meta, title, enchantment levels, etc and remove the item If it doesn't match the conditions. I had to do it like this since my server has items with custom names and enchantments over the usual size and If I were to just check every single item the player has it might remove a legitimately obtained item.

12. XZo

XZo

Sounds interesting, is this something you are willing to share?

Cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. What is this exploit?

14. I would not give them creative or permissions if they are going to use it for this. Maybe look into if you use a plugin that uses enchanting and take out the command in the plugin.yml

15. It's not any command it is a hard on exploit, a player with no permissions and creative can still do this.

16. Sorry but It's private. :(

I'm sure there are tons of public plugins out there that do something like this already. :)

17. update to 1.8 bud xD but it should be fixed by now lols