Anyone else worried for 1.5?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by jeff142, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jeff142

Benefactor

So i was thinking about this 1.5 update. and the fact that i use lockette for chest locking.
    Come 1.5 you could just put a hopper under a chest to drain it.
    Being lockette dose not use a database i fear it wont be able to adapt to this.
    I personally don't like LWC, you cant see the locks, and see whos added.
    Do you think im worried over nothing? or a good point?

2. I can imagine there being some way to stop the hopper from draining protected chests, built into Lockette.

3. hopper event fires, it checks if the chest has a private sign, cancel if it's private. doesn't sound like it will be too problematic. just don't update right away :p

4. jeff142

Benefactor

Yes but that breaks the use of hoppers with chest

5. stick a private sign on the hopper. check if it matches the one of the chest...

6. jeff142

Benefactor

Well i don't know java, but lockette is not database backed, So how would you check if its locked and not make lag (We all know some one is going to connect 500 hoppers form one side of the map to the other....)

7. The hopper event doesn't exist yet, so this is just speculation. But I would assume it would contain the source and destination of the event. So it would be trivial to check those blocks in Lockette for the existence of private signs. Performance-wise I have no idea,it depends how often those hopper events would be fired.

8. jeff142

Benefactor

Well it dose exist in snapshots.. But i guess we will see come 1.5

9. Puremin0rez

I'm not sure if this applies to lockette, but I think LWC is already prepared for this sort of situation.

If I recall correctly, LWC doesn't let people place blocks directly next to a chest if it doesn't belong to them, but that might be different now - haven't checked since at least 1.8

Regardless, i'm sure they'll all update pretty quick - until then, you can just use something like WorldGuard to block the placement of hoppers until they're protected.

10. md_5

Administrator Developer

Every Minecraft update should instil fear into the heart of the server admin.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. jeff142

Benefactor

Sounds promising...

12. Agreed. In the early days it used to be extremely bad where everything broke on every update. It then got better for some months, but with the stuff bukkit has been doing lately it got worse again...

13. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

md_5 Well that's reassuring...

14. http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/27613315.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I'm pretty sure lockette will manage to fix this.

On the other hand... anyone got a 1.5 fork to let 1.4 clients connect started with the pre release yet?

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its in Spigot, see the snapshot-protocol option in bukkit.yml

17. What spigot build? I'm running 485 and don't see it.

18. Puremin0rez

You need the latest dev build for that option

19. Will this work when 1.5 is realeased (on 1.5 release clients)?

20. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yes