Anyone having a simaler issue?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Sway, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Sway

Artist Supporter

2. Puremin0rez

I haven't had an issue with not being able to break blocks, but I have had issues with not being able to attack mobs.

1.4.6 seems to have taken a toll on NCP, I've been getting some weird issues with it lately.

3. Sway

Artist Supporter

I guess for now i will just disable those checks. I was told /ncp remove * should fix it. This helped for a few players that did have problems. I could just set that command to be issued every 60 minutes for now..

4. Puremin0rez

Does that command reset violation levels for everyone?

If that fixes it, I'm guessing somewhere along the line violations are not being reset properly... which would explain why the longer my server is up, the more people have trouble punching mobs :\

5. 1.4.6 is a very buggy Minecraft build...over on Empire Minecraft, we've had Fireworks crash the server because the fireworks exceed their height limit, and i've had an issue with block breaking sometimes on one of my friend's many private servers running spigot.

I am trying to create a plugin to cover some of these issues up for a server. We've had to whitelist it so I can test things out even more than I already have.

6. Sway

Artist Supporter

From what i can see, yes it does. It has fixed all issues i had.

7. Jigsaw

Supporter

I have had the issue with not being able to hit mobs as well. It is very frustrating for players when they are helpless against attacking mobs. There isn't even any recent dev builds that mention any sort of adjustments to fix this. MyPictures any thoughts?

8. Alright, so, I've kind of covered your mob glitches up but in a very bad way... The server runs about 10 checks to see if the mob is there, which can lag the server, and if it is there but cannot be hit it will delete the mob from existence. I have had the server crash alot of times because of the way i've handled this, so i'm going to lessen the checks tomorrow - Right now i'm more or less focused on our block breaking issue.

9. @asofold just made one, please try out NC+ if it solves this issue: http://nocheatplus.org:8080/job/NoCheatPlus/299/
    (dont forget to reset your config so you're on the safe site)

Please report such bugs to md_5 or to the Bukkit team. I'm sure they will fix such things as fast as possible.

Those bugs started with Craftbukkit 2512, we had to do a massive change which opened a lot of new bugs. Most of then are already fixed in the beta version of NC+, if you find any new ones please report them to us.
    @Sway If I have some time free tomorrow/today I will write you a PN that probably could fix you issue. Hope you are willing to test it :)

10. Sway

Artist Supporter

I should have a bit of free time.

11. Edit:
    Already finished it .Left you a little present in your dev.bukkit mail box :)

12. Sway

Artist Supporter

13. Jigsaw

Supporter

Installed 299 and reset the config. Same issue. One of the players who had this issue reached a combined.improbable violation level of over 8,000 and I know for a fact he isn't cheating in any form whatsoever.

14. Sway

Artist Supporter

MyPictures So far i do not see any problems but it would help if the many people that do have this issues try this build themselves. More people = more feedback. It would really help loads if it wasn't just me. I have had a bit of luck when setting a cron to issue /ncp remove * every 30 minutes. It seems to have been stable for at least 10 hours longer than it usually did.

Edit: I should also add that increasing fastbreak grace from 2,000 to 4,000 may have something to do with this working properly for an extended amount of time but it still breaks after about 24 hours uptime.

#14 Sway, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  15. Ok looks like its something different then.. However if its really annoying for you then you can disable Combined_Improbable and Combined_Yawrate in the config file of NC+. Of course this will allow some more aimbots to work on your server but for testing I think it should be fine.

Well such configs make the fastbreak check usually useless. Best would be if you could try it out without the "/ncp remove *" corn job and with the default configs of fastbreak :).

16. Sway

Artist Supporter

Only issues i am having right now is the improbable spam, and some players are having issues when attacking mobs. Other than that everything is good.

17. @asofold is already move his focus to the fight checks, you could give 301 a shoot: http://nocheatplus.org:8080/job/NoCheatPlus/

Tell us everything you find and give us as much logs about as possible about that issue :)

• Like Like x 1