Solved Anyone know what's wrong with this config?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by BirminghamBoy, Jan 11, 2020.

1. An administrator added a few things to my CMI ranks.yml, and since he has done it /ranks hasn't worked. Nothing in console. No backup (lesson learnt). I put it through yamlchecker and have fixed a few things as well as had a skim over it myself. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, yes /ranks is still not working. Any ideas? Here's the file.

#1 BirminghamBoy, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. I think it might be because of the Rookies and Novices ranks not having the NextRanks in ""

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fixed that - still not working. Thanks for the reply!

4. Is there an option to enable a debug mode ? So it would show issues in the console?
    If not, then I recommend looking that the default config of the plugin, and matching parts to yours.

If all else fails, start fresh. Use this broken yml as a guide, copy and paste if you wish, saving and checking every 3-4 ranks.

Backups are free and friendly. Also helps if you had someone who edited things who also tested and knew what they were doing lol....

Edit: Its a 1296 line long yaml. Im certainly not gonna check it all, and not many here will either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Strahan

Benefactor

I ran your file though a validator and it failed due a tab on line 518.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. There's a TAB right after the line 518, remove it and everything will work just fine

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yes, "lesson learnt" regarding backups. Thanks for the reply.

8. Thanks, works fine now. yamlchecker didn't get that for some reason... will use a different checker next time.

9. Removed and it working fine now, thanks.

10. Can you put this post as solved please ? :)

• Agree Agree x 1