Are there any good skill tree apis?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Pangamma, Mar 15, 2019.

1. I was looking at the advancements thing in Minecraft and it looks totally awesome the only problem is that all of the code and all of the API code and all of the stuff available to actually use it is really really complex. And it would be prone to Breaking All the Time.

I would want to use it for displaying what rank you are in the ranking ladder. Right now I have a system where there are like seven different ladders you get to climb and they all get to different levels based on what you do. I would also want to be able to use it for kind of like achievements to guide the players to let them know that they have made progress in learning how the server works.

Everything really really awesome if there was just a PHP file that I can upload to a web server and I can call it with all of my different plugins and tell it to unlock a certain achievements or rank for a certain user. Maybe set up a database for it or something.

Anyone know of something like that that might already exist?

2. Have you considered using Vanilla datapacks? They're fairly easy to set-up and there's advancement generators out there (eg. this one).