Arguments

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Seru, Jun 5, 2015.

1. I have a server with these arguments of java to start minecraft.

Code (Text):
    -Xms1G -Xmx60G -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:PermSize=200M -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M
    But the server is rather slow, and tps are low, I would recommend changing them?

#1 Seru, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Lower your ram.. You don't need 64gb of ram.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

Oh wow... my friend, you are absolutely murdering your server with that amount of RAM...

6-8 GB, MAX.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My machine has 64 GB of RAM, which is the problem if I take 62 to java ?

There was supposed to book 100-250 mb user?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yes. The garbage collector in java would be my reasoning.

6. So what size should I put in xms and MaxPermSize?

8 GB of RAM would hold 500 users at a time?

7. Code (Text):
    -Xms4G -Xmx16G -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:PermSize=200M -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M

8. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

You're really not going to get more than ~250 players on a single server without lag, period. You're supposed to have multiple servers linked with bungeecord. IF you for some weird reason have more than 250 players on a single gamemode, you can always make multiple servers of that gamemode and sync data between them.

9. Could I create multiple servers on the same machine , putting them together with bungecord to minimize lag?

How many users can hold 8 or 16 GB with little lag?

It is advisable to 16GB?

#9 Seru, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  10. optimize .yml
    there was a thread for this but i can't find it.

11. Is there a reason you're using both ConcMarkSweep and ParallelGC? I've forgotten how the JVM handles specifying multiple garbage collectors and a quick search didn't turn up any quick info.

If you simply put them in there without knowing what it does, I recommend you remove -XX:+UseParNewGC and stick to ConcMarkSweep. I could say the same for some of the other arguments.

As far as your timings. From what I can see it looks like a lot of time is being spent processing lots of entities in 'citys' map.