Solved Armor stand staying to the right of a Player?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ProSl3nderMan, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Yaw rotates on the Z axis (turns side to side). Pitch rotates on the X and Y axis depending on facing direction (looks up and down). Rotation on the Y axis is a roll.

Even though Notch has rotated the Y and Z axis, the yaw/pitch are flipped too (Notch logic \o/). Also remember that the axis are on the World, not the Player. So, in minecraft Yaw rotates on the Y axis (turns side to side). Pitch rotates on the X and Z axis depending on facing direction (looks up and down). Roll does not exist in Minecraft because if you face, for example northwest, then your pitch is rotating on both the X and Z axis.

The standard directions of yaw and pitch are still correct in Minecarft. See this image for visualization:

[​IMG]

A fun way I learned to remember this is American baseball. The pitcher always shakes his head side to side (no, or yaw) until he agrees with the catcher then he nods his head (up and down, or pitch). So, when he changes his head's pitch then he pitches. Weird, I know.. But it helped me remember :S

#21 BillyGalbreath, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 3