Attention Developers: Opportunity to contribute to Spigot / build your portfolio!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by jflory7, May 8, 2015.

1. I'm not sure if this would work or not, but what about adding a sub-section to the Spigot Plugin Development parent section for just peer review requests, or possibly adding a "Peer Review" title tag? I can already foresee the forum getting cluttered with questions, peer review requests, guides, etc. Just an idea to keep things more uniform. @jflory7

2. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

I really think the above explanation clarifies best. I mean, for short explanations inside the code, a comment could be useful, but I like the idea of writing paragraphs to accompany code as well. That kind of writing will prevent a user from doing a quick copy + paste.

You're right — convention is a huge part. That article you linked is on the older side, and it could probably use some updating.

If people are really so exciting to do this (which is awesome!!), I think it's a possibility! We'll see. :)

For now, though, I think some of the wiki team members (who are more experienced in this than me) should comment on general formatting and syntactical things, for clarification purposes. I think some of the people who might be able to say the most are @brajo, @Tux, and @joshwenke just because I see them the most. However, any of the other wiki team is more than welcome to respond and comment on this!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. So oracles conventions?

What about the example package and classes.

4. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

That's probably more of a question for the rest of the Wiki Team — they are more apt to answer than myself.

5. Tux

Tux

We should use Oracle style. I think we should stick with partial snippets instead of full classes, but if we need to use a package name, I think org.spigotmc.wiki should work.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Would you two mind if I made a tutorial-like post for this new forum? I could write down all the information and much more if needed, and it generally would keep users up to date with the format, the conventions and much more.

7. gigosaurus

Supporter

I personally don't think that's needed as we will just be following Oracles conventions which are already clearly defined, and any severe problems with the code would be resolved by this:

Because it's a wiki, if anything that gets posted is unclear then someone can just edit it so it makes more sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

I think this is probably all that is needed.

9. Although I agree with this, I thought that a nice guideline to introduce new-ish members would be great.

Not only this, but it should make it a lot more easy, for everyone to follow the correct structure, and let less accidents happen.

Okay, no problem then! But if it's ever need, you know which spigoteer to call ;).

#29 Bladian, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  10. jtaylor69

Moderator Wiki Team

I'm all up for Oracle style snippets. As long as Wiki is easy to follow is the main thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Can't wait to see everyones new snippets up on the forum!

This will definitely be a great addition to the community!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sweet, perhaps someone can put a contribution for using MySQL in plugins. I'll put my own contribution up soon

13. "Just make sure to explore and toy around with what you can. :)" That sounds wrong :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Awesome, can't wait to see it! :)

15. Yeah, I guess it does hahahaha Any better suggestion? xD

16. Simply delete this sentence :D Or use sth like "Have fun exploring new functions of MySQL and see how far they get you"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Great idea. I hope to contribute to it in the future

• Like Like x 1