Auto Restart Script - Linux CentOS

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Felipe Melz, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Hey! I'm using bukkit, and I have a Hunger Games server, I'm using this restart script:

But it always says:
    syntax error near unexpected token `done'
    Can you help me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. joehot200

Supporter

Yupyup, i can. You are not using a proper file editor. Use something like Notepad++, re-write the script, and it will be fine.

3. But I`m using notepad++ and saving it as .sh

4. joehot200

Supporter

Give me your skype, ill add you and send you the start script (My script is EXACTLY the same as yours)

5. Mikgreg

Supporter

Cant you just host the file on 2shared or something o_O

6. joehot200

Supporter

I dont know all of these weird file uploading sites. Ill decide to skip the 5 minutes of learning and can learn how to use them in a month or two :p

7. My skype is: traccingames

8. It works fine for me. I have attached a file called "test.txt", rename it to "test.sh" and execute it (well read it first, it simply writes the time called test.txt in your user directory every 5 seconds - but it is almost identical to the code you tried).

It uses the UNIX EOL (End of Line) format which is unlikely(?) to make a difference.

My suggestion is to try this, and if it doesn't work then you likely have an issue with your environment.

Attached Files:

• test.txt
      File size:
      90 bytes
      Views:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1