Bad TPS on 3570S with 30+ players

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by DenyCC, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So from many places I have heard that a 3570S could handle around 100+ players. I have being experiencing very bad TPS lately. When we used to peak around 20 players we would have a constant 20 TPS but now the playerbase has increased to 30+ players we pretty much have under 15 TPS all of the time. I do not know what could be causing this and I hope that someone out there can help :)

Timings: http://www.spigotmc.org/go/timings?url=11631030

2. You have a lot of entities active.
    Is it a faction server or a creative plot server? If so, I'd recommend running separate servers to increase performance.
    Also, there are a lot of activity going on in the Nether (probably spawners).

3. I usually kill the mobs quite often, it's a factions server too. We have other servers running off other threads too (it's a network). This is just factions alone.

4. Post your Bukkit.yml and Spigot.yml.
    Have you looked into optimizing it?

5. joehot200

Supporter

You've too many tile entities. Specifically, hoppers. Decrease their tick rate.

6. I had thought as much, I decreased their tick rate to 32 instead of 8 but that still hasn't changed much.

7. A two second timings sample is not going to help us in the slightest. Run it for about an hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry about that :p I haven't really used timings before.
    40 minute sample: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=11631760

9. Hoppers are definitely your issue here. Play around with the hopper settings in spigot.yml.

10. Okay then I'll see what I can do. Thanks for everyone's help so far! If anyone else sees something wrong then please point it out :p

11. Just disable hopper crafting and make them ridiculously expensive in shop xD.

12. TPS seems to be a bit better after changing a few things in the spigot.yml for now, I will report back when we have a few more players on :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.