Badge to show dev's with bad past

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dsnid3r, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I feel that Spigot should add a badge to the website which shows anyone who has been involved in hacking, or distributing code with backdoor access in it. I understand that some blame needs to be brought on the server admins who allow bad code to enter their network but I also feel that people need a way to help identify people with poor intentions. The following post brought this to me making this thread.

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/server-got-hacked.89589/

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. They will probably reject it, cause spigot is kinda like amber rose, they're against slut shaming.

Spigots against name shaming, so is bukkit.

3. This may be true, however without any sort of suggestion from the community it 100% will never get implemented. If a majority of people came to this post and said Hey we really want this, and said they find this something we need the administrators would be more willing to add this. This is simply the first step if other people wanted it. I am not saying because I want it so add it.

4. People like this already get banned.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Why reward them with a pretty badge?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Black listing, shame lists or whatever you want to call it, is a terrible, terrible idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JamesJ

Supporter

I've seen Hypixel use a warning system, then when you are hit with a warning, you are given a User Title of 'Warned' this shows others to be cautious around you as you've broken the rules before.
    I think something like this would be more appropriate, as it wouldn't just developers.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. saphiria

Artist

Maybe you could actually read the post by the accused and realize he didn't do anything? Stop accusing him, he has one of the best reputations on Spigot. I also feel this would be rude to put on anyone, and I suggest someone with more expertise determine innocence or guilt.

#8 saphiria, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. md_5

Administrator Developer

The only place developers can offer services on these forums is the services and recruitment section. Developers for whom we receive valid reports (read: not just posted on the forums as a witch hunt), are removed from that section.

It's not our job to babysit / run background checks on these sorts of things, if you are hiring or doing whatever with someone, that's ultimately your responsibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.