Suggestion Ban threads asking about premium resources...

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by JamesJ, May 25, 2016.

1. JamesJ

Supporter

Over the past few weeks, if not months, there has been a steady rise in threads which are asking about how to post premium resources, how long it takes, etc.

If I'm honest, it's really pissing me off now.

Can we please ban threads which match a regex about creating/posting/info about premium resources, and automatically delete them.
    If needs be, redirect the user to a massive f*cking page explaining everything.

I personally think those who are too stupid to use the search feature on this website shouldn't be allowed to post Premium resources, but then most of you would probably consider that "too harsh".. :/

Ty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

How do we acheive this?

3. JamesJ

Supporter

I've got no idea if I'm completely honest. I'm sure there is a XenForo resource. Lemme take a look now.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

Also you think the threads are bad, you should see my inbox :)
    Amazes me how in 2 years the system has never once failed to promote someone, yet I get complaints on a near daily basis.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JamesJ

Supporter

It's literally driving me insane. I'm beginning to question humanity.

I don't understand how hard it is for people to use a search feature, yet they can develop plugins? How have people made it this far in life so far..
    And I think if I saw your inbox I'd want to die. :p

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

whats about a "premium ressource enquires" forums that we all just can ignore? (or add some sticky threads and warning on post and such there)

7. Ban (those user who create) threads asking about premium resources... (because they are blind)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. JamesJ

Supporter

I wish so badly @md_5 would do this. I honestly beg for it. But I don't think he would :3

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

hurray

11. Is it possible to delete threads containing the key words 'how' and 'premium'? Thats almost all of them xD (unless they cant spell)

Or

'why' and 'premium'