Spigot BattleEffects v1.3.1

A minecraft spigot plugin for showing battle effects like blood and dropped heads.

1. Ninjoh submitted a new resource:

BattleEffects - A minecraft spigot plugin for showing battle effects like blood and dropped heads.

Read more about this resource...

2. Ninjoh updated BattleEffects with a new update entry:

v1.0.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Ninjoh updated BattleEffects with a new update entry:

v1.1.0

4. Can you make it so only players, you don't have heads for that it will drop. If you had players head already it won't drop.

5. First of all; That would be rather difficult to implement.. I can only really check if the killer already has the killed player's skull in his/her inventory or enderchest. If the killer has the killed player's skull stored in a chest somewhere, I wouldn't be able to check that.

So.. no, sorry, it would just be too difficult implement, also; what if a player who didn't kill the killed player wants to collect the skull? instead of the killer? I think you get the point.

Secondly; This plugin isn't really focused on the ability to collect skulls from players after killing them. Rather for showing signs of a battle wich took place on a certain location. So when some other random player walks by that location days later, he sees blood and skulls laying on the ground, and thinks something like; damn this must have been a nasty battle.

furthermore; I think I may add some new features soon (In case you are interested), wich include;

• A configuration option to not put the skulls on player death location as a block, but drop the skull as an item.
    • Integration with WG CustomFlags.

Also; I'm currently working on a solution for the fact that a player skull is placed in mid air if a player dies in mid air. It would be better to place the skull on top of the first solid block below the player.

6. Ninjoh updated BattleEffects with a new update entry:

v1.2.0

7. Just interested, would this plugin need a lot of ram server side? Or is it more players side?
    It's pretty much exactly what I'm searching for, just curious about the usage.

8. You don't really seem to understand how bukkit/spigot plugins work eh? These plugins always work 100% server side, never client (player) side.
    This means that all calculation and stuff plugins do happens on the server's side, this way the player doesn't need to have a modded client to be able to play on a bukkit/spigot server.

A single plugin barely ever needs much RAM, it's the server wich really requires quite a bit of RAM, depending on how many players & plugins you have. I don't know how much RAM this plugin uses exactly, barely any. So you should be fine ;)

And RAM isn't everything, CPU also matters alot.
    Just an idea, maybe you should search up some stuff about RAM and CPU usage to understand it a bit better.

Also, please excuse me for my late response. It's been a bit of a busy week for me :p.

9. love it so far, but could you add an option that there is a chance that the head is left behind? I mean percentage like 40% that the head will be dropped, surely configurable

#10 Langleu, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  10. Sure :)

11. Ninjoh updated BattleEffects with a new update entry:

v1.3.0

12. There you go :)

13. Yeah I was about to say how is a plugin like this 6mb? xD. Anyways keep it up mate can't wait for more plugins from you.

Thx Pixl

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Fixed, thanks :)

15. Ninjoh updated BattleEffects with a new update entry:

v1.3.1

16. is there not a way to make the redstone temporary and unable to be picked up? I know a few cosmetic plugins that do something similar and the objects are not able to be interacted with.

17. I'll look into that, I still need to add worldguard integration too.

• Like Like x 1