Best Forum Software For Budgeting

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by WinAllDey, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hello,

Does anyone know of a good looking forum software that is either free or very cheap? Let me know your thoughts on different sites. I'm planning on opening a professional server, so I want my website to look nice :)

Thanks,
    Textrus

2. I would try MyBB. It is very good and configurable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yus, heard this is really good.

NamelessMC seems also really good! :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys! I'll give them both a try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Splazeing

Supporter

6. Read first. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Splazeing

Supporter

XenForo is "very cheap" ? o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. No it isn't. $140 isn't a cheap base price for a starting server owner. omg...

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Splazeing

Supporter

140 is pretty cheap, thought it was even more. And if 140 is too much for a starting server owner the server owner should invest more into the server then.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It may be good but it isn't a viable solution for a starting server owner (as I said before). You should only really put money into a server if you see it growing and/if it is being successful. I am done arguing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BrettplayMC putting his foot down :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Uh, just use Enjin. I'd suggest migrating to Xenforo once you get the funds to do so @WinAllDey

13. Gaxan

Supporter

I could afford that, but I wouldn't buy it unless I had a few hundred constant users that actually used the forums.

I suggest NamelessMC, it's made for minecraft and has a lot of features already built in without searching for addons.

14. GaIaxy

Supporter

You are out of your damn mind if you think $140.00 is "cheap." I paid for Xenforo, but that's because I had money to spare, not because I thought "Damn, this is cheap! Let me toss $140.00 at some license."

Pull your head out of your ass.

Cheap is generally under $50.00.

MyBB is my recommendation. Don't want to host a website? Use Enjin and pay $8.99 a month.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. NamelessMC!

• Like Like x 1
  16. latiku

Supporter

there's a variety of options available, for the strictest budget I'd recommend enjin/mybb. Personally not a fan of namelessmc/vanillaforums, but those are also great additional options.

17. I really don't like enjin for personal reasons heh... Just do MyBB

Or you can blackmail Spigot to give you the entire website and edit it to your needs.

But you know, that is only if you are up for that kind of thing.

18. GaIaxy

Supporter

Best idea, ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I Loke MyBB and NamelessMc

20. I use enjin, it's free unless you have a budget to pay.

• Funny Funny x 1