Best ide?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by HeeysamH, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

What IDE is best for creating server plugins?
    Thanks for your time!

-HeeysamH

2. I would say IntelliJ without hesitation. I used Eclipse exclusively till I got fed up with the bugs and switched to IntelliJ. Best decision of my life. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The best IDE is what you find the most comfortable to use, not what others find the most comfortable. Look around and try some different IDEs, such as: IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans, (the list goes on... Google's your friend here) until you find one you enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IntelliJ

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Netflix

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. General consensus is IntelliJ, it's a steeper learning curve if you don't know what you're doing however which means a lot of people start with Eclipse and move to IntelliJ. I have PhpStorm which is a PHP idea by JetBrains (the creators of IntelliJ) and it too is fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. There's way too many threads already regarding this topic. Please use google next time @ OP

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Don't listen to the beanheads who comment IDEs, that's their personal preference. Whatever you find comfortable is the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. That exactly what forums are for... sharing your personal opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I personally prefer IntelliJ. It has out-of-the-box integration with github, git, and other VCS systems. It readily supports maven, gradle, and ant build scripts. It has very extensive configuration and code styling.
    And best of all, its intelligent code completion is vastly superior to eclipse and netbeans.

While all of this can be added to Eclipse through plugins, Eclipse becomes slow as hell with all kinds of plugins added to it.

• Agree Agree x 2