Best script to run minecraft..

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Luke, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Alright, I indeed do know what I'm doing with this sort of stuff, but I am sick of using in-house scripts and debugging them, I want something plug and play of sorts. I really like the way MSM handles server creation, However it seems that whenever I use MSM my ram usage goes out the roof. SO I want your opinions. I love the concept of mark2 but upon trying to set it up my brain went crazy, if someone wants to give me a guided tutorial for that you'll be my new favorite!

Also note I will not use a Control Panel.

2. start.sh
    Code (Text):
    #!/bin/bash
    screen -DURS minecraft java -Xmx4G -Xms4G -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -jar spigot.jar
    Then simply ./start.sh to start/re-attach to terminal (Control A + D to detach)

See: http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/server-launch-parameters-empireminecraft.4880/ for details on why I use these flags.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey there! I recommend you to take a look at this page from Java.
    I made my startup script which currently hold around 200 players.
    Bye!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I've never though of using the same screen command to create and reattach a screen, clever.

5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I use that for everything :p setup an alias for it and always can easily get into an app.

Was that a response to me? My thread gives very logical reason why to use this GC. Giving up CPU resources is fine because those resources will be on another thread/core, and also keeps tps more consistent.

7. On the website which i provided there is many java flags you can put into your startup code but i don't expect anyone to read it because it's alot of text there. It took me about 35min to read the whole page.
    Bye.
    I didn't quote your post, can you explain what you mean?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I was just confused about why you linked to that specific section of the CMS GC, I took it as a "you shouldn't use that" post.

Typically id agree with you but based on research, the I-CMS garbage collector def feels like the best fit for minecraft. The flags I posted are pretty much general level flags that are not going to care about the size of your server, and are more tailored to how minecraft runs in general.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I took a look at your topic and I got a few flags from you so nice work!

• Disagree Disagree x 1