Best Server Hosting?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by KrispyBakon, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, my server has just reached its peak of 100 players and the amount of memory I have is not enough to handle the amount of players so I am getting a ton of lag. Do you guys know of any other server hosters providing good premium plans?? I am looking to upgrade to 16GB. Please tell me what you use and why. Thanks!

-Bakon

2. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

GSP? VPS? Dedi?

(What do you use now, and what are you looking for)

3. VPS and I am looking for Dedicated

4. If you are tight on cash and you are looking for a deal, I would suggest OVH.com. They have been great for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I am not tight on cash. I would like a very reliable hosting service. The one I am currently using goes down and randomly shuts down my server.

6. joehot200

Supporter

OVH is cheap, i have had 100% uptime (Only downtime due to DDoS and my mistakes), good & fast servers, free backup service, just not good support.
    OVH Take about 2-15 hours to reply to your tickets, depending on when you send them.

If you want fast support and ease of upgrading/downgrading (With OVH you cant upgrade/downgrade so easy), i would recommend @Staminus, or Intreppid now

• Like Like x 1
  7. In that case I feel your two best options are ovh.com or intreppid.com. Similar to what Joe has said. Both hosts have solid networks.

8. #8 AK138, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AK138 I am pretty sure Malo doesn't own Uberminecraft. He runs Minecraft Superior Gaming

Staminus protects Uberminecraft and hosts a few of their servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ah sorry mixed it up.

11. Off topic but who really owns uberminecraft? Weird question but I'm curious...

12. PhanaticD

Patron

I used to use volumedrive, then hetzner, then limestone and now intreppid

voldrive = cheapest, support is non-existant though, and hardware is limited
    hetzner= horrible support but cheap. I do not recommend them, network issues, and they will null route you for days
    limestone = amazing support, best ever, but expensive bandwidth and no ddos mitigation
    intreppid = fairly good support, most bang for your buck I would recommend them as best for dedicated mc hosting

13. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I'm running off a Hetzner box right now, we got DDoS'd the other day and they just nulled the attacking IP's then supplied them to their ISP's on our behalf.

Might be because we're on one of their higher tier boxes, not sure.

14. I have been with Hetzner. The network was very shaky, when I attempted Bungee with Hetzner I would suffer from tons of lag and a lot of player disconnects.

I am now with OVH, I have nothing but good things to say about them. I got my servers within 40 mins of ordering them and the network has been solid.

15. Understand that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.