Best type of DDOS protection?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by SexyMime, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ATM im just using packags by Staminus for 300$ for 3 GBPS protection.
    Do you guys have any other suggestions to stop ddos attacks?

2. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

10Gbps shared by staminus.

3. Only heard that this is bad...considering its shared 60% of the servers will always be getting ddosed.

4. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

Its only shared between a few amount of users not everyone. Ill tag Staminus here so they can explain better.

5. PhanaticD

Patron

get intreppids shared I have had no issues with that, and many issues with everyone else I tried (even staminus secureport was worse than the intreppids shared because of false positives)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So your think I will be safe getting Interppids shared 10 GBPS? You have had no issues? Im scared of lag/downtime due to others being attacked at high amounts at same time

7. PhanaticD

Patron

my server has only gone down for about 30-60 seconds from attacks maybe three times since I got it about a month ago

8. If my attacks carry on at a large scale I will move over to them. Thanks for information.
    For my first time ever I got 395 online, then DDOsed...too good to be true.

9. SpacePuppeh

Supporter

What about JavaPipe or BlackLotus? I heard they're good for Minecraft.

EDIT: Oh and Staminus is also good for Minecraft. They know what's going on being tied into Spigot.

#10 SpacePuppeh, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. You will never be directly affected by other customers with our Shared Protection. There are only 2 ways that your protected IP gets null routed.

1. Your attack is above the shared protection plan. I.E. You get hit with a 15 Gbps attack on a 10 Gbps plan.
    2. If the aggregate of all DDoS attacks on a shared plan (Shared with 13 other IPs) is above 10 Gbps, then the person with the largest attack gets null routed until the aggregate attacks fall below the plan.
    Server 1 - 4 Gbps attack
    Server 2 - 4 Gbps Attack
    Server 3 - 5 Gbps Attack

In this case Server 3 would be null routed. No other servers would be effected on the shared protection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. joehot200

Supporter

Ill also point out that clear-DDoS has 5Gbps protection for $170, wheras for just 30$ extra you get almost double the protection.

And, Filter-attack.com? 2Gbps migitation for $199? Are they mad? :p

@chrishill, BlackLotus is a terrible scam from what i have heard. Dont go with them. Ever.

12. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

Staminus
    Just one quick question. Is there a maximum and a minimum amount of people on the shared 10Gbps, or is there just a set amount and that number doesn't fluctuate?

• Like Like x 1
  13. The maximum people on a shared protection plan is 14. So far we have never seen multiple attacks at the same time aggregate over a plan limit. The odds that 2+ servers out of a maximum of 14 possible servers get hit with an aggregate over 10 Gbps is just really unlikely. The only null routes that I am aware of is people getting hit just on their IP for over 10 Gbps. They can upgrade to a 20 Gbps plan for $500/mo if they need too. We can even offer up to 40 Gbps for $2,000/mo if needed. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. joehot200

Supporter

10Gbps for $200... 20Gbps for $500, and then 40Gbps for $2000?

Why is 20Gbps not $400, and 40Gbps not $800? Is there more costs for you, or what?

15. Obviously it costs a lot more for them, because it is such a big amount..

16. joehot200

Supporter

Surely only double the migitation would cost only double the price?
    Or have i got something wrong?

17. I think they need better machines, but I am very inexperienced in this type of thing, guess we can wait for a response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PhanaticD

Patron

it just scales up obviously, im pretty sure most high end cabling these days is only 10 gigabit

19. The larger the attack the more expensive the attack is to mitigate. Larger attacks require more hardware, larger network capacity, larger pipes, and if you oversell you run the risk of saturating a network.

When we sell 40 Gbps we have to always have that 40 Gbps available to you. We make sure we don't over sell so that we can always offer guaranteed protection.

Lets just say that there are probably about 3 other companies in the world that can successfully mitigate attacks over 40 Gbps+ and if clients want protection from such attacks, plans cost a MINIMUM of 6k/mo. Those companies would be Akamai, Prolexic, & GTT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1