Best US host for ~120 players, 7 plugins, and 3 normal worlds?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by caughtbiggay, Nov 8, 2018.

1. I heard deluxenode was really good but all of there servers are in germany and I get ~179ms

2. Darken#7883 hmu

3. use a dedicated server. it's more scalable and is one of the main steps of becoming a network.

Your playerbase definetly allows for the expenditure as long as that's actual player counts and not "wanted playercounts"

4. That's not too bad, the ping to the east coast of America is actually at about 80-90ms. The ping does not essentially mean much as it highly depends on how the server is processing packets and how good the routes are if you have a bad CPU it will probably take some milliseconds to send/process the packet which will add up a less smooth game experience. You can read more about that here.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. @FusionStyleFX yes it's very optimistic to say facts <3 180ms is terrible for pvp.

6. While your host is one of the best, i do agree with DBoss. For PvP servers, ping is a really important metric and if it goes over 70 people already start to complain (not necessarily because they feel bad gameplay, but also due to how pvp players always have something to blame for their bad performance, such as hacking, high ping, low fps, etc).

Thus, DBoss is locked in having a small ping; else his players will complain. Not doing what the player base says is extremely awful for pvp players which let's remember didn't switch to 1.8 because 1.7.10 "was better for pvp"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. There is a really really huge difference between complaining about a difference and feeling a difference, it is really hard to feel 100ms compared to 40-50ms which are normal for many US players.

Of course 170ms is not ideal for intense PvP, but nobody said that it's not the case, still, you can play fine with 170ms and you won't see any people teleport around, teleporting has nothing to do with a high ping. If players teleport its most likely caused by packet loss if its nothing with the server, there is a higher chance for packet loss the longer and less quality the route is, that's what I wanted to point out.

In the end, it really comes down to user preference, it's just like liking a phone more because it got a 100mAh bigger battery than a different phone, ignoring the usage of battery high depends on software.

8. Yeah, I know. Hopefully, you and code can expand in the future and possibly open up a location in the US. Either way good luck with your company.

As for DBoss, maybe check for US hosts.

9. I mean I kinda own a US host soooo

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Try for a dedicated server, you don't have many plugins.
    So the most ram you would probably need is 16GB, far most is 32GB.