Best VPS Host?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by BrettPlayMC, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would it really be that bad? I no longer need to host the website on the VPS so 4gb for 3 servers (starting out with 1 gamemode + hub) isn’t that bad... I don’t think.

2. I used to host 1 server on a VPS, used to get about 17 TPS. This was with an optimized paperspigot config.

It's cheaper and you get more disk space to go with Kimsufi's CA dedi's.
    Also, an nginx server (which is what you should use btw apache is vulnerable to a slowloris attack) uses little ram (< 5mb iirc, dont even factor that in)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MikeA

Retired Benefactor

Running Minecraft servers on VPS isn't the best idea unless your CPU usage will be low, and with Minecraft there's no way to tell beforehand. Even if a host doesn't say "no game servers", most VPS hosts are running E3 or E5 CPUs, you'll eventually be trying to use CPU alongside other VPS that want it, and it'll probably cause a TPS drop -- Unless the host is running smaller systems with only 32GB RAM or so but it's not profitable for large companies when they can run a 128-256GB setup and make 4x+ more money. There are some hosts who are using dual CPU configs or have new AMD Epyc CPUs (high core/thread) but they'll probably be more expensive and much lower clockrate.

Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. the VPS ssd 3 is fine for a medium-small server imo.... VPS's aren't that bad for maybe 30-50 people..... I'd go with a dedi after that though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.