Best VPS server hosting

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Christophe6, May 22, 2016.

1. Hello,
    I want a cheap VPS hosting for a bungeecord network. Which host I have to take?

2. Ovh
    Ramnode
    Buyvm
    Extravm
    Digitalocean
    Vultr

3. OVH would be your best option

4. Depends on where you are and where your public is most likely going to be. OVH is a good and cheap option for European servers.

5. Well, you can buy at OVH and get it hosted NA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. And EU

7. Yea, I know it was because he said "For Europe"

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. You don't "have" to take any server, however for european/NA hosting I would recommend OVH's VPS SSD 1 just for Bungee.

9. I think for me OVH will be the best option. But which operating system is the best?

10. Does anyone knows?

11. Any Linux distro will work well, and they are generally free. Ubuntu is a very popular and well documented, you can solve most of your problems with a quick Google search.

You have to understand though that every thing you do will be done with the command line. If you are unfamiliar with this or how to use it, you are going to run into some difficulty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Most Linux systems are fine. I personally prefer Ubuntu 16.04, but that's up to you.

13. But I think the support of OVH is bad, I sent them a mail (4 days ago) and they didn't answer!
    What are the rules for stopping your VPS server?

14. OVH is the best hosting in a VPS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If its not hardware related, your probably not going to get much help. Also I hear calling them on the phone gets you better support.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1