Bukkit BetonQuest 1.9.6

Advanced RPG quests and conversations with NPCs

1. Co0sh submitted a new resource:

BetonQuest - Bukkit plugin which allows server admins to create advanced, role-playing quests for their players

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 4
  2. This looks like fun to mess with at some point. Does it support spigot 1.8? Also, don't mind me, I'm TOTALLY not plotting anything over here... >:)

3. server test?

4. Can you add MythicMobs Support?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, it does ^^
    Sorry, I don't have one in English, and my Polish server is not ready yet.
    In the future, yes :3

6. Co0sh updated BetonQuest with a new update entry:

BetonQuest v1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Still waiting for it to support Mythic Mobs.

8. hi there im using spigot 1.8 protocol hack just wondering does it all work with this ? I try /q and nothing happens and no errors in console etc

ive taken quests pluigin away in case of /q clash do you have an alternate command prefix?

9. Sorry, you will have to wait a bit longer. I don't have time right now to learn new API and a whole system of this plugin. Maybe after Christmas, when I'll have some free time. You know, college and stuff.

Try to use /betonquest:q command.If that's not working then I don't know what would. I haven't tested the plugin on 1.8 hack, just on regular 1.8 Spigot.

10. Great plugin, light and does whats it is expected to do. Try it ! See also details on bukkit page.

11. Can you add database support? So that server owners (including myself) can use it on a bungeecord server. :D

12. that's got it - thanks must be clashing with another /q command somewhere

13. There already is MySQL support. The configuration is in config.yml, you won't miss it.

14. hello there :)

managed to get it working also with denizen too which is cool - although one funny - the journal wont open up it generates ok and I think i'm adding stuff but I cant actually open the book

just one thing to get an objective going I have to use denizen to fire an event, using
    "betonquest:q event objnavalcollege" to fire the objective is there a way of hiding the 'Event fired' message that comes up for normal players?

15. Sadly no, not at this time. I will write a compatibility add-on for other plugins and this will be the first thing I'll include (along with economy support which should have been there long ago) but I don't know when I'll find some time for this.

If you don't have time to wait you could find someone to write it for you, it's pretty easy. Just tell him/her that there is a static method in a main class, event(playerID, eventID) for firing events, just hook it to denizen and you're ready to go.

EDIT
    Oh, I forgot to add that playerID should be obtained using PlayerConverter class, as it can be both name and UUID.

#17 Co0sh, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  16. Hey thanks for reply it's ok I think it works really well with it like this just adds a simpler quests to denizen (which I do have some issues with with location listeners)

I can wait as no rush just the odd non opening journal issue id love to get resolved

Thanks for all the amazing work it's good to have a quest plugin that is still supported through this difficult 1.7-8 transition

17. Is it just BetonQuest's journal that isn't opening? Have you tried other books? I'm asking because the journal is just a normal book, like any other. It doesn't even have any special NBT tags, all the logic around it uses the title and lore, nothing else.

Could you set up a test server with all your plugins and separate the one that is causing this behavior? Then I could try to bypass it or something...

18. Hiya

Yea no worries, I think it is just the quest journal, I'll test it in a new server and see what could be causing issues and let you know

May be Monday or Tuesday before I can get that back to you