Suggestion Better chatbox

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by YWI, May 27, 2016.

1. YWI

YWI

Spigot is a great site but the chat sectiom needs improving. Instead of getting a custom code why not use one from xenforo?

I really think spigot needs this, maybe we'll have chat moderators and more..

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Uh you mean like all the moderators we already have?
    [​IMG]

It's based on IRC which is a pretty common standard for projects such as this and you can connect with any client you wish.

3. YWI

YWI

The current one is over simple we need somethig that matches the theme. That's what i think.

4. Most the the people who frequent the IRC doesn't use the webchat anyways, they use their preferred IRC client. Most of which is highly customizable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. saphiria

Artist

Like @qlimax5000 sad above, the people that are on it a lot have a client. I personally have a really nice client and it looks amazing.

6. And some use the webclient

7. when i click chat, it appears a black screen that really looks like a shit :V

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. saphiria

Artist

Additionally, we do not use it for the look. We use it to get help and to give others help. I think helping others in a chat box would be very hard. It also would be a pain to moderate (which the staff have no time to do). It took me a whole weed to get my thread moved (goes to show you how busy they are).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

I agree, iris is kind of ugly. But, you know what? I have one of the worst aesthetic senses of anyone I know. If you want to make a prettier webchat to integrate with our IRC network, go right ahead.

10. YWI

YWI

So what does that conclude?

11. Maybe changing the colors a bit? I think the actual chatbox has some way to choose the background color - at least -.

12. YWI

YWI

I also think it has a lot of messages.

13. saphiria

Artist

Did you just say it has a lot of messages? Of course it does, it's IRC! At least the IRC has channels, a chat box would be one channel and be impassible to chat on.

14. EliteDuck

Supporter

Taigachat Pro?

15. 4chan

Supporter

Just use KiwiIRC if it's that painful for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

Does that work as a frontend for an IRC network?

17. 4chan

Supporter

Why not just throw KiwiIRC on a page? Like this.

18. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

Could be a possibility.

19. 4chan

Supporter

You can also use some XenCode or whatever they have and put their username ther automatically. Also supports themes and is free & open source (meaning you can edit it).

20. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

Trust me, I'm aware what FOSS is. :p It's an interesting idea though, you can see if md agrees.