Suggestion Bidding for Plugins

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by 28091, May 23, 2015.

?

Should resource bidding be a feature?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No

78.9%
  1. I was thinking maybe a subcategory of Premium resources.
    You submit your plugin, make the thread, then set the lowest price, and how much each bid can go up it.
    You must make a video of your plugin in action.
    @Z750 approves/declines the plugin, if your plugin and thread is approved, the thread becomes public, and people can bid on it. The persons PayPal is required. If the bid ends and the buyer doesn't have that money, (and haven't told the seller) the buyer is banned from Spigot for however long, and the bid continues.

Once the plugin has been sold, the buyer pays and they get the plugin. The plugin may not have already been sold before, been up for download publicly, or been used on another server. The plugin must be unique. You can't sell a $50 minigame with a bid, then sell it on Spigot for $5 again.

If you are wondering why they should be banned, people could bid $500 for a minigame when they only have $5, that will make the developer really happy. Then only to know he/she wasted his/her time.

Tell me what you think about this suggestion!

- Flo :D

2. A) Is there a xenforo plugin for that?
    B) I can only see it ending badly honestly (On my phone so awkward to type, I'll try remember to list the reasons later)

3. We don't wanna be that site of which the name starts with 'mcma' and ends on 'rket'

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JamesJ

Supporter

Sounds like a cool idea.
    Probably wont happen though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Took me a while to get that...
    I was thinking McMyAdmin + rekt to begin with...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. saphiria

Artist

Cool idea, probsably wont happen

7. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Why not just make a Services & Recruitment post, then? If you're doing a bid type of auction and only giving away one copy of the plugin, I don't see why you'd need to do this in the Resources section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wait, so are we allowed to do bids in Services & Recruitment?

9. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

For developers "bidding" on buyer's requests? Essentially, yes, except it's all done privately.

10. He means users bidding on a premade plugin I think

11. Heh heh.
    Then how will the bids ever end? The highest bid means everyone has to pay that exact price?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Like @Rendadus said, I don't think that it's that logical of a think to do. It makes more sense for multiple developers to bid on a single product; not multiple buyers bidding on a single product. I don't see anything like this that often with intellectual property.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, I find it strange too, but his original posts states exactly that...