Spigot Big Doors Alpha 0.1.8.32

Big, ANIMATED doors, drawbridges, portcullises, and more!

1. Yes, this is by design, as the animated blocks will appear completely broken for clients using 1.7 and 1.8. As such, the plugin will be disabled to avoid bug reports etc.

If you want to use the plugin anyway and don't want to disable ViaRewind for whatever reason, you can enable unsafeMode in the config, but please note that doing so is not supported!! (More info in the config description)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. hello i cant enable this plugins with geyser-spigot can help?

3. Yes, that's right. Due to the way the Bedrock client works, this plugin will not function well for players joining your server on that platform. As such, using BigDoors with GeyserMC is considered an unsupported environment.

If you want to disregard any issues that may arise, you can enable unsafe mode in the config file. But please note that doing so is not supported (as further explained in the config).

4. okay thanks for the explain

5. pim16aap2 updated Big Doors with a new update entry:

Alpha 0.1.8.26

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Hey, is it any chense that 1.9 and 1.8 will be supported?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Not for this version. The method I use to move the blocks doesn't work in 1.8 and 1.9.

For v2, once that's done, someone else could maybe write modules for those versions.

#987 pim16aap2, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Is there a way to let players without OP-permission use the plugin?

9. You'll need to use a permissions manager such as PEX or LuckPerms and assign the appropriate permissions. You can find a full list of permissions on the resource page, but for general use, bigdoors.user.* will be enough (it gives access to all user permissions).

10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Spigot 1.16.3
    BigDoors 0.1.8.26-b816

On server start-up, I set various doors. The messages produced in the console/log are inconsistent.
    Code (Text):
    >bigdoors:opendoor 3 4 5 6 8 9
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door "3" cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door "4" cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door KingsLanding-N-portal-portcullis is not available right now!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] This door is currently in use! Please wait for it to finish before using it again!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door KingsLanding-S-portal-portcullis is not available right now!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] This door is currently in use! Please wait for it to finish before using it again!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door "8" cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door "9" cannot be opened as it is already open!
    Feature request: Make the messages consistent. My preference, include both the door number and name, without quotes around the number:
    Code (Text):
    >bigdoors:opendoor 3 4 5 6 8 9
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 3 Wall-S-portal-portcullis cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 4 Wall-N-portal-portcullis cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 5 KingsLanding-N-portal-portcullis is not available right now!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 6 KingsLanding-S-portal-portcullis is not available right now!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 8 Dragonstone-portal-door-S cannot be opened as it is already open!
    [21:59:05] [Server thread/INFO]: [BigDoors] Door 9 Dragonstone-portal-door-N cannot be opened as it is already open!
    It would also be nice if these messages were translatable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Yeah, that's a little odd. I'll fix these specific messages, but there are probably more inconsistencies around, as the code is a little all over the place.

12. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks. I'll raise 'em if I see 'em.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Are you sure they aren't translatable when in-game? In general, I tend to not use localized messages for the console, as that makes it easier for me to see what's going on in the logs.

14. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I don't know. I have never used the command in-game. Most of those messages appear in the translation file, so probably they would be translated. But the "is not available" messages does not.

15. I've updated the formatting for the logged messages in dev-build >= b835. Let me know if you find any more inconsistencies!
    Regarding the is not available message, this is never sent to the player, which is why it cannot be translated.

16. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks. Now the messages read
    I would prefer a space between "Door" and the number, and the colon isn't really necessary, like

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah, the missing space was not on purpose, it's made its way back in b836. I've also removed the colon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks. Much appreciated.

19. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

One small anomaly.
    vs
    Please make the type of mechanism consistent with reality in the "cannot be opened" and "this door" messages.