Spigot Big Doors Alpha 0.1.8.32

Big, ANIMATED doors, drawbridges, portcullises, and more!

1. Haha, sounds like you're more patient than me!

I've written close to 10k lines for it over the last few weeks and it still feels like I'm barely making a dent. Maybe one of these days I'll finally learn to stop shaving all these damn yaks! Also this.

2. Just wondering if you will ever add support for GeyserMC and ViaRewind?

3. No.

Regarding GeyserMC: The animated blocks just did not work at all. The GeyserMC team has since improved it a bit, but it still doesn't work well from what I've seen. However, I cannot go look for myself, as I don't have access to a Bedrock account (and I don't even know if it would run on Linux).
    Regarding ViaRewind: The method I use to animate the blocks simply does not work for 1.7 and 1.8 (and some versions after that). Those ancient clients simply don't know how to handle them properly. This is not going to change (Mojang isn't going to update these clients) and therefore I will never support ViaRewind.

If you want to see for yourself, you can enable unsafeMode in the config. Just don't ignore the warnings!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Don't even think about it. So many mechanics don't work going backwards. 1.11 -- which is supported -- is 3.5 years old. That is more than enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Everything on my server is working great under 1.16.4

The only wish for me would be that the sound effects work farther away as I have a couple bridges and gates that are quite long and you can't hear the sound on those

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, doors only play sounds at their engine, so when you're far away from that, you won't be able to hear them.

I've made the range configurable, but my build system is currently broken, so I can't upload a dev-build. I'll fix it tomorrow and publish the dev-build here once it's ready.

EDIT: I fixed the build system. The new config option is available in >= 859

#1026 pim16aap2, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. It's a good plugin. I made a donation.
    I didn't have Japanese so I made it.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thank you so very much! I really appreciate it!

9. Thanks for the sound distance fix... works great now

• Like Like x 1
  10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Feature request for those of us who test development builds:
    • Please list the change log by build number, so we can tell what changed in each build.

11. Yeah, I know I should do it. It really annoys me every time I have to look up what the differences were between dev-builds. I just open the tabs for the dev-builds I'm comparing and then look at the differences in the changelogs.
    However, the issue is that I don't want to do this manually (the build numbers are automated and I have no idea what number I'm on until the Discord bot tells me after I upload a new build) and that automating it is annoying in the sense that I can't remember how I set up the dev-build system and I'd rather work on v2 than figure out how to update this system (as it will be retired once v2 is out). Additionally, I do not plan to release any more dev-builds for v1, though that plan has failed several times the last year :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

When is V2 expected (not guaranteed, just estimated)?

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's incredibly difficult to say. I've already had multiple deadlines for myself, but one of those was December 2019, so... yeah...
    Anyway, the big items I still need to do are GUI, Commands (just need to finish CAP), proper perpetual movement (for flags, windmills, clocks, etc), and fully redo localization. Other than that, there are a lot of smaller items on my to-do list (246 in total), but not all of those are required for an initial barebones alpha release.
    Typing this out like this makes it feel like it shouldn't take more than a week or two, but that's definitely not going to be even remotely close to true. Especially if I cannot find a GUI framework I like so I end up having to write my own (which is why CAP exists, which took 150 hours already and it's still not done!).
    What also makes it so difficult to say is that I don't really know how much I'll be able to work on it. One week it may be 60 hours, the other it may be just one; it's a bit all over the place (though anything even remotely close to 60 is very rare, sadly)

14. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Suggestion: First V2 release contains only the current objects: door, portcullis, drawbridge. That will be a satisfactory test of the V2 framework. Then add the new objects. (Of course, I am not going to use the new objects, so I may not adequately represent the target audience.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've already finished the clock, garage door, windmill, and the revolving door types, as well as completely rewrote the animation/creation/opening/management systems for all the current types. They're all separate modules now (loaded as separate jars from the BigDoors folder). The perpetual movement item is not really that big of a deal (probably could've left that out of the list), but I've been putting it off because it's rather boring (there are/were plenty or more interesting/fun items on my bottomless list) :p
    I'll have to rewrite the chunk handling anyway (which I can mostly port from v1 after I recently had to improve that), so I'll just do the perpetual movement when I get around to that.

16. pim16aap2 updated Big Doors with a new update entry:

Alpha 0.1.8.28

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Can you make fences not connect to blocks they shouldn't connect to?
    [​IMG]

18. Yeah, that's a bit odd. I'm not entirely sure why they do that. I just place them and tell them to update themselves.
    I don't really have time to look into it now, but once my schedule clears up a bit I'll take a closer look.

19. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

That is the documented behavior. Fences connect to cobblestone (and lots of other blocks). I think the question being raised is: Can it be changed for BigDoors elements? Fence block connections can be modified via blockstates, but it would have to be managed (by configuration, presumably) and controlled by the plugin.

20. Yeah, but when you place them by hand, they don't connect to the stairs side of stairs (which I believe is the issue here, not cobblestone blocks). I would expect simply placing them to follow the same rules, but I guess they don't. And using blockstates would indeed be pretty easy, but sadly, they aren't available on all supported versions, so implementing this would be a pain (especially with how poorly v1 is set up in general).

• Informative Informative x 1