BisectHosting VS AnvilNode

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Quilliac, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I'm currently using ServerMiners highest plan and constantly deal with lag issues with less than 20 people online, I dont have a modded the server and have about 13-15 plugins, most are QOL plugins like Essentials,anti phantoms,sleep vote,etc.

I'm slightly convinced I need a better MC Hosting plan, and im stuck between Bisect and AnvilNode. I'm open to all suggestions though.

Minecraft Server Information
    1. How many servers do you run? 1
    2. What type of servers do you run? Survival
    3. On average, how many players do each of your servers have per day? 5-20
    4. Where are most of your players located? NA
    Hardware Information
    1. What type of hosting are you looking for? Not sure..
    2. What is your monthly budget? Not limited, im willing to pay bigger to get the quality needed
    3. Do you mind setup fees? No
    4. How much memory will you need for the entire server itself? I think at least 8-10GB+
    5. What type of CPU would you prefer? Not sure
    6. How much storage space will you need? Not sure.. sorry
      • What type of storage would you prefer? I suppose SSD?
    7. Would you like DDoS protection? YES

2. I used Anvilnode and had a very poor experience with them. Details are in a review I wrote, however that was a couple years ago, and they may have improved.

I've been using a Bisecthosting 'premium' server for two years, and am very happy with them.

You might also want to look at Cubedhost.

8-10 GB is way too big for your server. 3 GB or at most 4 GB would be better. Too big a heap size can cause problems with Java garbage collection.

3. Thank you for your response! I actually did read your review on AnvilNode and a couple others after posting this last night and definitely won't be using them. I'm strongly considering moving over to Bisect now !