1.8.8 Block break event error

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Ninjablader101, Mar 6, 2020.

1. SteelPhoenix

'PlayerLevelManager playerLevelManager = null;' what do you expect..?

2. Code (Text):
    PlayerLevelManager playetLevelManager = null;
    playerLevelManager.getXp();
    Edit: too late

3. Your trying to get xp from nothing

PlayerLevelManager playerLevelManager = null;
    int xp = playerLevelManager.getXp();

If you want to get that players exp you can do it in the event. Plus I don't know what that class even does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PlayerLevelManager is a custom level system. https://sourceb.in/c1bcffea9d <- that's the playerlevelmanager class

5. If the playerLevelManager is null, there will be ofc. an error because its null

6. What should it be

7. I don't think you understand how to use that class, you need to store instances of it, most likely in a map with some kind of player reference

8. Can you send the playerlevelmanager class?

9. PlayerLevelManager is a custom level system. https://sourceb.in/c1bcffea9d <- that's the playerlevelmanager class

10. Code (Java):
        private int level;
        private int xp;
        private Player player;

public PlayerLevelManager(Player player, int level, int xp) {
            this.player = player;
            this.level = level;
            this.xp = xp;
        }
    and call it in other classes with

Code (Java):
    PlayerLevelManager YourObjectName = new PlayerLevelManager(PutHereThePlayer, PutHereTheLevel, PutHereTheExp);

11. You know that this is a custom level system right?

12. You know you've mentioned that multiple times now right? You don't seem to understand basic Java.

13. well is the a tutorial i can get to learn it.

14. I know, and because of that i've changed your code (look at the first code field) and showed you how to use it in other classes (look at the second code field)..