Block MCLeaks?

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Matthew_Cash, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Recently, I have been having an issue where MANY mcleaks users have been joining the server using clients like Jigsaw and hacking, making my server almost unplayable. Is there any way to block MCleak accounts?

2. I don't think there would be a way to do it just by MCLeak accounts, but maybe do some snooping to find out if those accounts have and ip address correlations? You could ban those IPs. I don't think it would work 100%, it it's worth a try.

3. Why not get a good anti-cheat, if they can't cheat, then the problems are solved right?

4. But they would join though and do some other nasty stuff

5. There is a resource published the other week that blocks mcleaks

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was more making a point that the OP should learn how to use the search function of the forums....

7. Just ban the IP adresses of the MCLeaks servers on your root/vserver (if you have one). i think this works on deb with the firewall :3

8. Hey, I had a time with the McLeaks Suppoort apart and they were convinced that it is not easy or not possible to lock all accounts because often new accounts are acquired.

9. The plugin doesn't check the user agaisnt a list of possible accounts, so getting new accounts means nothing. The plugin checks if the same IP was used throughout the process of getting the account and connecting to the server.
    The players are joining with their own IP, so banning the mcleaks IP doesn't do anything.