Blocks placed keep randomly disappearing

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by robotnik, May 16, 2016.

1. Hi, there is this problem on my server where when players place blocks, they have a tendency to disappear. This is especially noticeable when placing a lot of blocks at a time in rapid succession. And I believe its also related to these similar problems

-potions dont take effect unless you try and drink them for up to 5 seconds
    -rubberbanding when flying in creative worlds
    -broken blocks will be shown as broken on client side while not broken on server side, causing rubberbanding when the player tried to pass through where the block was broken
    -doors will be shown as open on client side while the server shows it as closed server side, causing rubberbanding when a player tries to pass through the door

I'm not sure what the cause it. I pinged the server and it came back with 0% packet loss, I tried playing on many different connections. The server sits at around 40% free RAM most of the time. CPU is not overloaded. I'm not sure whats causing this and I cant find any other info on these problems.

Also im using creeperhost as my host if that helps.

2. Plugins?
    It is most likely an anticheat

3. I dont have an anti-cheat, but I do use coreprotect as a block-logger since I think its the only block-logger still being maintained.

List of plugins:
    Animatedframes
    Asyncworldedit(free version)
    Blockshub
    Cannons
    Catacombs
    Chestregen
    Chestshop
    Citizens
    Commandblocks
    Coreprotect
    Crackshot
    Creeperheal
    deathcraft
    deathmessages
    dicefuriture
    dungeonsxl
    DynamicTextures
    dynmap
    dynmap mobs
    essentialsX
    FurnitureLib
    FurnitureMaker
    LWC
    MapManager
    MobArena
    Movecraft
    Multiverse
    Multiverse Portals
    PacketListener
    PermissionsEx
    PerWorldInventory
    ProtocolLib
    Questioner
    SignSHop
    Skript
    Skullturret
    Spawnx
    TerrainControl
    TicketMaster
    Towny
    uCars
    Vault
    Worldedit
    Worldguard.

despite all these plugins ive never had this problem before, and the problem has been going on for probably 2 or 3 months

4. wow4201

Patron

Possibly packet loss? I know viaversion has had this problem but I don't see this plugin in your list.
    I would probe your server and check for packet loss, also your computer.

5. Maybe I didn't test for packet loss right then. I used the ping utility on Windows and sent 100 packets to my server and came back with 0% loss.

6. wow4201

Patron

Now do the same on your server to your computer.