1. Favorlock

Sponsor

Favorlock submitted a new resource:

BoneSQLib - SQL library that utilizes BoneCP

Read more about this resource...

2. Lol, is this based on SQLibrary ? Please tell me it isn't xD

3. Favorlock

Sponsor

It is. Try and be constructive rather than bash a design because you don't approve of it. There isn't anything wrong with SQLibrary's core design. Either way, with BoneSQLib most stuff is handled by BoneCP anyways. All BoneSQLib really does is provide an easy means to initialize the connection pool and connect to a database, and provides a few simple functions to reduce redundant code.

4. I gave up on Bungee-SQLibrary because in the end, it was just a wrapper around JDBC with next to no useful additional methods. It was more painful for my users to install an additional plugin than for me to shade BoneCP and just use jdbc straight away. But what can I say ? If you like this way better, go ahead ^^.

5. Favorlock

Sponsor

People could essentially do whatever they want with BoneSQL since BoneCP is shaded. If they don't want to use the classes I provided for simplicity sake they could always just use the included BoneCP library. I haven't thought into it a whole yet as I just started working on it and made it mainly for my plugins because of the fact that I use BoneCP for everything now. I wanted to reduce redundant code. Also, this is just for Bukkit right now. I haven't designed it for BungeeCord as I don't have any BungeeCord plugins that I'm really working on right now nor ones that really relied on SQL.

You do know you could submit suggestions or submit a pull request with changes you believe would be useful ya know. :p

6. But... that would make it too easy for you :O
    I have a couple stuff in mind that could be added, most notably for the "initialization" of the plugins (creating tables in an easy way, etc...). I'll see what I can do ^^

7. Favorlock

Sponsor

Well you could always just make suggestions :p

8. Favorlock

Sponsor

9. dimensionZ

Benefactor

I'm having issues where the connections are not closed.

I close my statement, the resultset if any, and the connection itself (even check if the connection is closed or not, it says it is closed.). Yet it managed to flood 200+ connections over time.

Any idea what could be the cause?

10. dimensionZ

Benefactor

To answer my own question, do not call sql.open() more than once. It will open said new connections.
    I treated it like a mix of "open / isOpen". Should have been more carefull.

On that note, maybe you should add a check to see if the instance is already connected, preventing people to open more than once. If i fell for it, more people might

• Informative Informative x 1