book ban

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by MOAN, Jan 15, 2020.

1. I tried on my server (book ban inside 2b2t)
    I wrote a lot of Chinese in the book
    Then went to the other is the world can not enter the server
    display
    [07:11:16 INFO]: mcgod lost connection: Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unable to fit 4327740 into 3

Are there any plugins that can fix this problem, but the book ban of 2b2t server has been fixed´╝č

2. Few things,

What exactly is the book ban ? And what does it take to cause this issue?

Secondly, 2b2t is a crazy server full of people trying weird stuff to break everything. On your normal MC server, you'll hardly encounter these issues.

Lastly, there are many good anitcheat and other commandblocking etc plugins that will solve many of the big issues, just check the list of things they prevent, and see if it fits your needs.

3. Book banning basically happens when you have 3 shulkers full of "ban books" in your inventory. Ban books are books with obscene amounts of high-data characters, kind of similar to book dupe books but not quite. Basically you have so much stuff in your inventory that whenever you open a chest or interact with your inventory in any way you get kicked because minecraft cant handle your inventory size.
    Because of this you constantly get kicked whenever you try to join, hence why it's called book banning. You don't really get banned, you just can't play any more.

To my awareness the easiest way to fix this is to delete the user's file or edit their inventories using NBTExplorer. I don't know of any plugins in particular that fix this. The owner of 2b2t, Hausemaster, fixed the book ban exploit but it's not said how he did it :(

4. Would a good solution be to disable the book item, or at least, written books. Using a blacklist in like world guard?
    To my understanding, on a survival server or factions/minigame server, I dont really know how commonly used a written book is.