Spigot Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.17.1) 1.19.2

Minigame - Boost others off their platforms to win.

1. Hey I went to page 2 and it says the file has been deleted when I click the link! :( Any chance of reuploading? Thanks!

2. @pp008x & @VoyagerXyX
    I had not thought about the download link changing when the file was updated.
    Latest is https://www.dropbox.com/s/555duquwziwv2ch/Boost.zip for the play-test server's world and the Boost config.yml file to match.
    I've also put this on the main plugin description page and in future I'll endeavor to update that if I upload a replacement.

3. @Devaxtion I missed tagging you to let you know about the fixed sample world download link. See above if you haven't already.

4. Thank you! i really appreciate that

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Omegus you wrote:
    "If it had a scoreboard system or bungeecord support that would make it straight up my favourite plugin ever."

Could you explain more what you mean?
    Boost does have a database of win, loss and game statistics. Players can display the leader board by command or through the gui. It can also be queried via placeholders so you can combine with another plugin such as holograms to make a scoreboard.

What would you mean by bungee support? A bungee server is just a proxy to connect you to one or another real server.

#85 pmme, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  6. Next update will have multiple start spawn points in each arena. With this you can spread the players out among different platforms at the start of the game. Existing configuration will be automatically updated to use your current single start spawn for each arena. You can then update any suitable arenas to add more. Nearly finished the changes and then some testing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.16.4) with a new update entry:

1.17.0 - Multiple start points

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.16.5) with a new update entry:

1.17.1 - - Even player distribution

9. just curious can this work with citizens instead of signs? i ahve an "arcade" that uses NPC to join game modes. if so can you point me in the right direction?

10. I'm guessing it will be simple.
    If Citizens has the ability to run commands as if run by the player, then you can load an NPC to run "/boost join game1" to have the player join the queue for game1 (assuming you have a game configured called "game1").
    There are other commands as well, such as "/boost leave" to leave a game queue or if you lose but want to leave before there is a winner.
    So as long as Citizens can run commands as if the current player is running them it should be fine.

[Edit] I looked it up. What you should need to do is:
    /npc command add -p boost join game1
    and, on another NPC and if you want it:
    /npc command add -p boost leave

The Boost commands are all listed here: https://github.com/pmme/Boost/wiki/Commands

#90 pmme, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021

11. AWESOME!! this is what i was looking for. Thanks very much!

• Like Like x 1
  12. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.16.5) with a new update entry:

1.18.0 - Hit flying players, Click to win

13. Boost play-test and demo server pmme.apexmc.co is now running Spigot 1.17 and everything in Boost appears to be running fine.

EssentialsX latest dev build appears to have one nms mismatch but I doubt that's going to affect Boost.

The Boost plugin is now running as a pre-release with an always-running parkour on Arena6.
    If another player is already in Arena6 you can still join.
    You can't boost other players in Arena6.

14. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.17.1) with a new update entry:

1.19.0 - Parkour mode

15. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.17.1) with a new update entry:

1.19.1 - Time stats

16. What placeholder can i use to give items for a specific player in win commands body?

17. Hello Empixel,

The placeholder options for win commands for a specific game are:
    %player%
    %uuid%
    %game%

The placeholder options for a daily, weekly or monthly top-ranked player are:
    %player%
    %uuid%

Daily, weekly or monthly top-ranked placements are not game-specific, so there is no use in a %game% placeholder.

The %player% placeholder is replaced by the player's name.
    The %uuid% placeholder is replaced by the player's UUID.
    The %game% placeholder is replaced by the game name, which is not much use unless the command is a broadcast or game-named token or key.

Most plugins will accept a UUID in a command to identify a player, so I would recommend to try %uuid% first. UUID is constant; it doesn't change when a player changes their player name.

18. I've updated the Wiki page to describe the placeholders for win_commands, both for top-ranked and for winning a game (since there's two places you have an option to reward players).
    https://github.com/pmme/Boost/wiki/config.yml

19. pmme updated Boost | Unique new minigame (1.12 - 1.17.1) with a new update entry:

1.19.2 - Fix leaderboards