Broken Pipe Error

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by PinchCraft, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:05 AM.

1. [01:03:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Archives lost connection: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while write(...): Broken pipe
    [01:03:51] [Server thread/INFO]: diesel1204 lost connection: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while write(...): Broken pipe
    [01:03:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Masonlane01 lost connection: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while write(...): Broken pipe
    [01:03:51] [Server thread/INFO]: HowToBeFun101 lost connection: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while write(...): Broken pipe
    [01:03:51] [Server thread/INFO]: bobstime lost connection: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while write(...): Broken pipe

The server keeps kicking all online players with a "Timed Out" message, then freezes up and stops people from joining it. The console and server works absolutely fine, but people there are no players (kicked and can't rejoin). The only way to solve is to restart the server. I'm using OVH dedicated server, MC-64-OC and pterodactyl.
    Can anyone help with this? Anyone know what's causing it and a fix for it?

Timings Report: https://timings.aikar.co/?id=4a3a657d901b4d5f9bc6b4b19e9ef2c7#timings
    The very end of the timings is when the server crashed.

#1 PinchCraft, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:05 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 6:23 PM
  2. Hmmm, check the latest.log to see if there's more, if there's any errors.
    The only result I found online was something with the same error message, but it seems that they had a corrupted chunk, which is a pretty easy issue to fix (run the map through Minecraft Region Fixer).

The technical details essentially boil down to once you receive a broken pipe error message, there's no way it will ever become usable again.

3. Hmm, I'm using Pterodactyl and not MultiCraft though :/