Suggestion bStats instead of mcStats

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by ondrej008, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniDigger

Supporter

you mean replace spigots stat tracking (which uses mcstats) with bstats?
    I am all for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Choco

I don't think I've ever quoted myself from another thread before, but eh...
    "I highly recommend the use of bStats for new projects. If you have been using McStats for previous projects, don't bother changing them because you already have data on their servers instead"

At this point, I think the statement I made above is a bit invalid. Seems as though McStats server's are not coming back. I don't remember the last time it was available. I've been slowly moving all my projects over to bStats because it's a lot more reliable now-a-days. The only issue is... there are still tons of people that don't use any version greater than 1.9 because they're stubborn as all hell. No matter what you do to try and encourage them to update, they won't do it. This means that bStats will only track for versions 1.12 or greater (assuming it gets changed in 1.12). Honestly... it's not all that worth it.

EDIT: Side note, OP you're welcome to tag me if you mention me in a thread. I don't mind

#3 Choco, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, we can still use the absolute data of 1.12 servers since we kinda know the absolute number of overall servers (130-140k iirc)
    its also an investment in the future. 1.8 is loosing servers every day, it will be dead eventually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. md_5

Administrator Developer

If we were to change stat tracking it would be to our own service.
    At this point its really irrelevant as to whether or not MCStats.org is up or not. We'd never get useful data from another service because people never update, so we may as well try and take what MCStats has.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.