Solved BuildTools error not using git?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by BurnDownTheIgloo, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I apologize if this is in the incorrect section, but I have been having an error with buildtools, attempting to build 1.10

ERROR:
    Error compiling Spigot, are you running this jar via msysgit?
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [bash, applyPatches.sh]
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:540)
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:423)

It says at the top im not using git, but that is where I am confused. I am using git, and it still spits out the error.

Any suggestions?

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

(assuming you are on windows here)
    did you run the buildtools in the msysgit console? because it looks like buildtools can't run the applyPatches.sh. Windows can't run .sh files natively, you need to run it in a bash console.

3. im running in the git-bash, which is what is instructed in the BuildTools tutorial. Ill go reread it to clarify.

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

running it in gitbash is right, paste your whole log please.
    another thing you could try is deleting the whole folder and start again, its kinda buggy sometimes.

5. okay, then why is gitbash still spitting out that error? Is it an error with BuildTools, or my system/bash?

I also cant find an update with buildtools that is within the last month, so I dont think its that.

6. I updated buildtools, and there is a new error.

Error compiling Spigot. Please check the wiki for FAQs.
    If this does not resolve your issue then please pastebin the entire BuildTools.log.txt file when seeking support.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [bash, applyPatches.sh]
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:547)
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:429)

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/R38agdq5

7. Okay i figured it out. I originally didnt see your post about cleaning out the buildtools folder. I tried that, and its running now. So far, clean no errors/ Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.