BuildTools.jar GUI

Discussion in 'Programming' started by level42, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but, I was bored over the last couple days, and excited for the upcoming 1.13 server builds. In an effort to make things easier to update and maintain (at least for me), I made a simple GUI application to run the commands for me.

Here's a sample screenshot if anyone wants to take a look.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Good job! It's cool, but it's not 100% rocket science to get the Jar if you know the simple command line stuff :p

Not bagging what you have done, it's cool! :)

3. Oh, I know it's simple to run the command, especially these days with built in GIT. But, I like to exercise some minor coding skills I picked up years ago by working on small little projects such as this. Helps keep me sharp, and I figured some people who struggle with CLI may get some use out of this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Pretty much, plus theres already things that are MUCH better than this, though it is nice

5. It never occurred to me to search for a tool first, I just jumped right into building a batch script to do this for me, and though I could do a better job in .net.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Interesting...
    Typing all those console commands can be annoying after some time. But please add a checkbox for the parameter "--generate-docs".
    Also haven't there been more hidden parameters? There is something like generate-sources or something in my mind...

7. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

source code already auto-generates

8. I wrote a bash file because we have a network and dont' need to check with spigot hub 50+ times a day or compile the same build 50+ times.

So we find solutions for what we need, but at the end of the day: it really is just a single line of text that's not too hard to understand :D

Nice job on the gui! I am sure it helps a lot of people who don't want to learn what the cli version of it means.