Bukkit 1.11 API *Draft*

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for all of the hard work md_5!

The fact that Mojang made each Shulker box has its own color makes sense because it needs the direction value, but it's also worrying because it is using up the diminishing pool of available values. There are only 20 left! Implementing a new file-system will result in much greater world-storage sizes that I am not looking forward to. If they just change all of the IDs to use the ~2000 that are available, that would complicate things and require file conversions.

Hopefully 1.12 will add more features that help servers, since this update didn't focus on that. Hopefully they can somehow get PVPers willing to update (It's a haunting pain to everyone that players are still preferring and sometimes demanding 1.7). 1.11 is good mostly for single-player.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Didn't think of that, thought they just did it for nice strings.
    They'll just add a lookup table - they already do it for the in memory / network representation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. @md_5 is a new easter egg:If there is a blue-dyed sheep next to an Evoker then he will cast a spell that dyes the sheep red. It will not harm the sheep. xD

4. I wonder what deprecated method they will be? Oh well. But other than that thanks for the update I will be sure to update my plugins

#24 Qball, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  5. I realise this was a long time coming but, this is gonna break a lot of plugins XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good job! Exciting stuff

7. I cracked a MD_5 password hashed....

Took 2.3 milli seconds..

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. This is fantastic. Thank you md_5 and the entire Spigot team for your continued effort and dedication this project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MiniDigger

Supporter

but it is good that those things got cleaned up now. fearing breaking old plugins and not doing required changes is bad, this is how bukkit worked in the past. I like the new philosophy: try to do less breakage, but have the api as clean as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Misaka

Supporter

Thanks for the fast updates md_5! Sounds like this version will be a pain to update some plugins to with all the refactoring and deprecation cleanup but I guess that's the cost of progress :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. How do you compile it ? java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev latest isn't working...

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

it's only the api draft yet. nothing is pushed to the repos, nothing is build able via BuildTools. it's just for you to prepare your plugin updates, you will need to wait a few more days till you can use it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is Bukkit.getOfflinePlayer(String name) removed? Couldn't find it in the draft but it was deprecated..

14. Not all deprecated methods will be removed, just methods that already have new API implemented.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Amazing work getting this out so fast!

16. Unless for some reason OfflinePlayer's don't have names in the future, this method should work if Bukkit.getOfflinePlayer(String) is removed.

Code (Java):
    public static OfflinePlayer getOfflinePlayer(String string) {
        for (OfflinePlayer player : Bukkit.getOfflinePlayers()) {
            if (player.getName().equalsIgnoreCase(string))
                return player;
        }
        return null;
    }
    But like @nicuch said:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Wow! Brilliant job @md_5! Happy later I can compile all my plugins against 1.11 to ensure they work correctly.

18. @md_5
    Code (Text):
        /**
         * @see WitherSkull
         */
        WITHER_SKELETON("wither_skeleton", WitherSkeleton.class, 5),
    Shouldn't this be
    Code (Text):
    @see WitherSkeleton
    instead? ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. MiniDigger